5.

Kendra smiled brightly when she saw Weza appear at the entrance to the kitchen, also happy

Kendra smiled brightly when she saw Weza appear at the entrance to the kitchen, also happy.  Kendra dropped her coffee mug on the counter and ran to hug her friend, who almost fell from the force of Kendra's hug.

-Congratulations, Weza.- she murmured the brunette, separating them and touching the tip of her nose, returning to her place on the counter.

-Look at the beautiful birthday girl in that floral jumpsuit!  Happy birthday!  - Susannah wished, also hugging Camavinga, smiling.

-Happy 16th birthday, Weza.- Enzo said, hugging the youngest after her mother.

-Little Weza is getting old, congratulations.- Eduardo said, taking the mug from the youngest Félix and placing it in the sink.

- Félicitations mon amour.[congratulations,my love.]- Laurel wished, quickly hugging and caressing her daughter's face.  -Mickey's pancakes are ready.

-Actually, I'm not hungry.

Kendra quickly noticed the atmosphere that had formed between mother and daughter, she said the first thing that came into her mind:

-Let's open the presents!

-You're going to love mine.- Enzo stated.

Both the Félix family and the Camavinga family went to the spacious living room of the beach house.  The mothers and children quickly settled in the room, after which Laurel soon handed her gift to her daughter.

-It's the 1st edition.  I bought cars at a used book store.  -The mother said, analyzing whether her daughter had liked the book she had in her hands.

-Thank you, mom.- CaCamaving thanked us.- Kendra realizing that the gift was nothing big for Weza, but it was still special because it was from her mother figure.

-Weza, open on the marked page.  It's your favorite poem.

-Yes!  I remember Susannah teaching us how to recite this one.  -Said the French woman, leafing through the book.  "For what we lose, like a you or a me, is always ourselves that we find at sea."

The five teenagers laughed to each other after reciting the poem together.  Kendra learned to recite it in a few hours, she was so interested in the choice of words.  That was also her favorite poem.

-Now open mine, Weza.-Susannah handed over a small box, which when opened without difficulty revealed a pearl necklace.  Her mother had also given Kendra the same necklace for her birthday.

-My mother gave me these pearls when I turned 16.  They were radiant, weren't they?

-They look beautiful on you.-The brunette admitted.

-Now mine.  Here.  -Enzo handed over his gift in a small emerald green box.- A lucky charm for his driving test.

-It's perfect.  Thanks.