Leo Valdez

Who knew how easy it was to manipulate people. Just a joke here and there, a go-lucky attitude, and they'll believe anything he says. Who needs pretty words, a high intelligence, or even a good reputation? Plant a piece of doubt in them, even a small one, and there are so many questions to be asked. It's so interesting for him to watch the chaos unfold.

He'd watch the way they'd get injured when fighting, blood flowing from the open wounds, and have a sick grin across his face. It was just so... satisfying... to watch the blood streaming from their faces, the pained look in their eyes. He could make small, off hand jokes, and just make a little nervous apology to 'fix' it.

And don't even start on how he feels about his flames. It's so easy to pretend that he feels one way, afraid. But, there was a reason they would say everywhere he went, things burned. It was just so wonderful watching the way fire burned everything in its wayq. The way the flames would engulf everything in a firey blaze, waves of heat flowing off of it.

Sure, he hated Gaia, with every fiber of his being. But it's not like he liked the Gods any better. Forcing them to go on their quests, hell, Hera babysat him as a kid to train him for this stupid quest. He blamed Gaia for his mother's death, manipulating him, but he also blamed his father. If he didn't give Leo this power in the first place, his Mother would still be alive.

He lived on the streets, since he was eight, and Hephaestus didn't even bother to help. 'Watching him his whole life' and didn't even fucking help? Leo had a reason to be pissed off. His whole life, people treated him like a tool, using him for things and then just ignoring him. Like he was the problem?

The world is full of people, horrible people who deserve to die in the most painful way possible. So maybe, when they talked of Gaia destroying the whole world, he wasn't quite bothered by it. Rather, he wondered if it would be better. Better for all those people -- Tia Rosa, Teresa, all of them -- to just die.

Like everything Leo made, the Argo II had a kill switch. He wouldn't use it, of course, but he still had it there. You never know.

You never know...