Piper McLean

She always wanted attention from anyone, she wanted them to know who she was. She had been like that even before she found out she had charmspeak. Stealing things was a way for her to get attention, to make people know who she was. Being one of the Seven Demigods was great for her, because people would give her the attention she craved.

    Attention was like a drug to her, an addiction she had since she was a kid. She didn't care what type of attention, good or bad, as long as it was attention itself.

    They should've known better then to trust her, a daughter of Aphrodite with charmspeak. They thought she was different then Drew -- and she was -- but in a bad way. She wanted people to pay attention to her, knowing who she was.

    And when people stopped giving her attention, she did horrible things to get it. First, it was the stealing she used to do. But, as a Demigod, she had other plans to do. It never mattered to her how she got the attention.

    She never quite cared about about what happened to her friends. As long as they gave her the attention she needed, she liked them.

    She messed with Leo first. Poor little lonely Leo, always working alone to avoid people. Don't think Piper didn't notice, his small smiles disappearing when he thought nobody was looking. She was the Daughter of the goddess of love, she worked with emotions. It was easy for her to tell when someone is, in a sense, faking. All she had to do was put the small trail of breadcrumbs to find out exactly what to say. Exactly what would trigger him the most out of absolutely everything.

    It started with small whispers, making Leo flinch and look around, trying to figure out who was speaking. Then it got worse, nothing much had happened and Piper wanted more. Small comments about his Mother, how he killed her. One time, during camp dinner, she made Leo yell 'Shut up' to her in front of everyone with the hint of tears in his eyes.

    A few days later, Jason came back from the Bunker after visiting poor Leo -- hasn't left since yelling -- with tears held back, asking her what she did. As it turned out, Leo killed himself that morning. Sad, really, but it happened, giving her more and more attention. She had fun with it, made a little hobby about messing with people's lives.

    She never once learned to regret it, she got the attention she desperately craved...