Sorry? Not.

Rae's Pov

"Can I see your ID please?" I said as I scanned the wine

The customer looked at me in confusion. "I don't have it.."

I glanced at her and took it off the order. "Sorry I have to take it off then--"

She cut me off, "No... you can put it back"

"Ma'am.. If you can't provide your ID then I can't sell it.." I calmly tried to explain

"I'm 27! You don't need my identification to see that" you know she's real fuckin loud in my ear bruh

I took a deep breath "If you look under the age of 35, I have to--"

"You don't have to do nothing! You know how many times I came in here and they don't ever need any identification??" It's too fuckin early for this..

"It's not my problem if they see you as old, but you look young enough to--"

"Now you're calling me old?" She scoffed "Get me someone who knows what the fuck they're doing, because you're clearly incapable of--"

I snapped

"Gyal yuh cut mi off one more time yuh guh find out! Eh?! Mi nuh a guh lose dis job fah yuh but yuh pushin it! I neva cuss at yuh, yuh check?! Suh yuh nuh guh cuss at me! Yuh understand?" I heard footsteps coming towards me, but I'm focused on this bitch at hand. I even saw people grab their stuff and leave my line. Fuckin good. Leave me alone.

I felt arms pull me back "Just calm down.." I heard Alyssa whisper in my ear

"Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that?!" Bruh someone get this bitch out my face before I ruin her

I'm not saying anything because all I can do was close my eyes and breathe. I heard Kahj talking to the lady and she ended up giving it to her?! I opened my eyes. Wah fuck I seen here?! That's why Publix in fuckin debt now. Just giving shit away because bitches crying.

"You actually gave it to her? She was--"

She cut me off, "Not now. We'll talk later. Take him, then shut your light off. Alyssa, he needs help over there"

She pointed towards self checkout. I glared at Kahj as she walked away

Alyssa rolled her eyes and left to assist a customer

I just turned off my light anyway. Continued to look down at the screen and items I was scanning

"Well damn..I aiin know pretty eyes got down like that"

I quickly looked up, knowing that voice all too well

"I also didn't know she was a caribbean dream"

I giggled at him "I'm no dream"

"Then why does it feel like I'm still asleep"

I laughed a bit "Oh my God, please that was corny"

He smiled, "It got you in a better mood didn't it?"

I nodded, "Thank you... you know I never got your name"

"Joshua, Josh, J, whatever you wanna call me"

"Mmm ok.. so you wanna know my name or continue calling me pretty eyes" I smiled cheekily

He chuckled "That's my forever nickname for you, but I'll take your name too"

"I'm Rae"

"Short for something?"

"Raelynn"

"Well miss Raelynn, how much do I owe you"