𝒊. PILOT

(  MAGNETIC )
" pilot "
ACT ONE  — we swim in dreams

(  MAGNETIC  )" pilot "ACT ONE  —  we swim in dreams

' duty after school '
chap '1

"yah, you're handsome!" soocheol said as he held out his pen to measure out wootaek's and dabin's faces. the two friends were posing for soocheol, as he was drawing them on his notebook.

dabin, who was sitting on the chair in front of wootaek, shook his head at soocheol's remark. he showed him his perfect middle finger before turning the other way around.

"show your face, punk!" wootaek nudged him, but dabin didn't move.

he couldn't.

not when kang jina was walking into their classroom, looking as ethereal as an angel. she was smiling happily as she greeted her friends on her way to her seat. her long hair, which was reaching her lower back, was swaying with her moves, her bangs were perfectly placed and her plump lips were glossed.

dabin was sure that jina was an angel.

"what are you doing?" dabin was pulled out off his thoughts as someone smacked his head. he turned back to his friends and looked accusingly at soocheol. "what was that for, asshole!"

"yah, do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

wootaek stood from his seat and playfully started to throw punches at dabin. said boy let out a low chuckle and quickly went along. his eyes somehow still on jina.

jina didn't notice. too preoccupied with combing her hair. the girl had pulled her chair next to inhye and soyeon, intently listening to their conversation while also making sure to keep her long hair soft and knot-free.

"i tried out new skin care products," soyeon told them while looking at the mirror on her desk. "but my skin reacted badly to it. look at this dry spot!" soyeon sighed as she turned to jina.

"don't overreact, it's not visible at all." jina reassured her friend. "let's go to olive young some time, i need new products, too." jina told both girls as she put away the pink comb and replaced it with a clear lipgloss.

"yeah, i definitely need to go–," soyeon was interrupted by inhye tapping her arm and lightly pointing her head towards something.

as jina and soyeon followed her gaze, they found their classmate kook youngsoo shamelessly gaping at soyeon's legs. it couldn't have been jina, as her legs were covered with a thin white blanket.