Chapter 47 Leo

"Chapter 4. Habitat and Connections.

My friend Ciano has been explaining just how the Antigrafo and their soulmates interact together. Once paired, soulmates share quarters and living spaces; the Antigrafo has a tendency to repel nightmares, which is why many decide to move in with their pair. 

This also comes in handy since many Antigrafos connect with demigods, who fall prey to many ungodly dreams. These connections can range as far from being able to tell if the other is distressed in close proximity or-"

I stopped reading.

What. 

When we were on the bus to Niagara Falls, I was woken up by the feeling that something was off. When I opened my eyes, (Y/n) was sitting beside me, trying not to cry.

That couldn't have been a coincidence; I tried to think of anything else that the book had named.

I thought even as far back as to when (Y/n) and I had ended up in that shrine. 

She'd been having a nightmare; something was scaring her, but as soon as she got close to me, it stopped. 

Now that I thought about it, that was right; I got nightmares constantly, the perks of being a damaged demigod, I guess, but that night, I didn't get anything. 

Same with the night on the boat and in the Lily Hotel. 

I thought maybe luck decided to pay me a visit, but it turns out (Y/n) had been like a living dream catcher. I turned back to the page.

"-In close proximity or having a loss and gain of features. The connections these creatures make bind not only the two in appearance but also spiritually."

That explained our hair streaks; I could still see the gray peeking out of my own dark hair.

Apollo suddenly hit a bump, and (Y/n)'s head shot up from my shoulder, her eyes wide, and the book almost slipped out of my hand.

"Hey," I said gently. 

Her head whipped in my direction, and she exhaled hard, rubbing her eyes.

"Have I been out long?" She yawned, I could still see the sleep tugging at her.

"An hour at best. You can go back to sleep if you'd like," I mumbled. 

She nodded and turned, curling against the side of the chariot. I put the book back into my bag, watching as we descended out of the clouds and towards a growing city. 

I spied our friends in a nearby dog park. Festus was running around, chasing the other dogs and fetching tennis balls. Nobody even blinked, as if he was just some giant great dane dropping the half-singed sports balls into his owner's lap. 

Melog continued to pick up the green ball, pitching it across the grass as he clambered after it.

Apollo touched us down nearby with enough care as a kid trying to separate two legos. 

I swear there were still nail marks on the door from where I had tried to keep myself from flying out the back of the chariot. 

The three of us staggered out of the death trap. A car seat was probably more stable than what we had just ridden in. 

Before parting, Apollo stepped forward.

"(Y/n), I want to give you two things before I leave. One, you and your friends have definitely earned my blessing, you should be honored," I tried really hard not to roll my eyes, "and two, I'd like to heal your shoulder."