𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 | 𝟎𝟒

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

you watched from a distance as terushima engaged in what looked to be some very enthusiastic conversation, a mixture of embarrassment and frustration bubbling in your chest.

why'd you have to keep running into him? literally? out of all the people on this cruise, you just had to keep seeing him. how annoying.

terushima pointed towards you, beckoning you over. you sighed softly, reluctantly joining the group. why did he have to drag you into this?

as you stopped your gaze landed on the the blonde, noticing a dark stain on his shirt where you had spilled food over him, then wandering higher to meet his cold stare. he casted a look of annoyance, making you all the more eager to leave this conversation.

his harsh gaze forced your attention elsewhere. you swore you could hear a chuckle as you shifted your eyes.

honestly, what was his problem?

your brother brought you out of your thoughts, "this is my sister, terushima y/n."

you brought your eyes back towards the two. you looked at the boy next to the blonde, noticing his smaller figure, darker hair, and his overall friendlier appearance. he looked at you as if he had just had an epiphany as his attention flickered between you, then his friend.

you paid no mind, just eager to get this conversation done and over with, "nice to meet you." you offered awkwardly, trying to maintain your composure in front of the guy who had just publicly embarrassed you 2 hours ago.

"i'm yamaguchi," the shorter boy told you with a friendly wave, then he turned to his friend, "and this is tsukishima."

finally, you could put a name to his face. though even as he was introduced his expression remained still, void of any sort of acknowledgement.

jesus, this dude is just an ass.

you glared up at tsukishima, crossing your hands over your chest. it was a subconscious action, but the simple movements almost looked like a challenge. how? you nor tsukishima had any idea, though he seemed to take it that way. he raised a brow at the small gesture, the slightest hint of a smirk playing on his lips.

"problem?" his voice was laced with sarcasm.

you resisted the urge to scoff and at the absurdity of the situation. "no, no problem at all," you replied curtly.

terushima shot you a concerned look, but before anyone could comment on it yamaguchi interrupted. "y/n! so you go to johzenji too?" the sentence was rushed and sloppy, like his mouth worked faster than his brain.

yamaguchi wasn't an idiot. the tension between you and tsukishima was clear as day and he was trying to do damage control.

the tension that had settled in your chest began to ease ever so slightly as yamaguchi spoke. you forced a smile as you replied, "yeah. i'm a second year."

yamaguchi nodded, "so terushima, that means you're a third year now?"

your brother grinned, "yeah! how'd you know i was a second year?"

the boy shrugged with a sheepish smile, "i do research on all the teams we play."

terushima complimented his dedication, earning another sheepish reaction, "but wow! crazy how we happen to go on the same cruise."

terushima hummed in agreement, flashing a grin "small world, huh?"

"too small," you muttered softly, tsukishima's lips twitching into an even bigger smile.