Chapter 2 The Corruption Part 1

After training, Hades is scouting ahead in town for any signs of corruption because Eagle finds something that worth of Hades' research about the new world of Phantomfall. First, Eagle found a mountain top of corpses in the far east of the palace that was covered by a huge boulder in a cave. The Boulder itself is unmovable by hand but movable by magic. Eagle casts one of her magic into the boulder so she can make it lighter. Hades then push the boulder away from the cave. Hades and Eagle find themselves in an underground library. The library contains books that Hades and Eagle cannot read yet because it's in phantom words.

"You should go back to training to prevent anyone from suspecting on us.", says Hades to Eagle.

"Ehhh, I wanna be with you rather than being with weirdos!", says Eagle while clinging to Hades.

"No.", says Hades with emotionless face.

"Fine...(sighing) Let me know if you find something, alright?", says Eagle to Hades while walking away from the cave.

"Sure.", says Hades.

"Let see, if I do this and this, it should work perfectly.", says Hades while arranging the Books of The Dead.

"It doesn't work?", says Hades while looking for a clue on why is the hidden passage not working.

"There's a note here.", says Hades while looking at a note on the table beside the lantern.

"An alle ... Toten ... vorher. Can't fucking read this.", says Hades while trying to read the note on the table.

After searching for more clues in the library, the sun is now set and Hades must return to the Royal Palace in order to not get suspicion from the guards and the king. While Hades is walking on the wall of the Royal Palace, he noticed something off about the town. It's insanely quite and there's no people in the town. Suspicious enough to make Hades wants to take a peek. Using his new found invention of the new world, he uses a binocular with a night vision on it. He also attaches one of his micro camera on two mices to find out what's wrong in this kingdom. After that he just going back to his room in the castle and finds that his bed and his belongings has been trashed by Ryosuke's gang.

"Ah, the usual. How surprising. Saying your name on my bed sheets doesn't make me afraid.", says Hades in monologue.

Someone knocks three times on Hades' door and Hades quickly changes to his second appearance.

"Eh... Vangulfen-san, Are you alright?", says Yui Ayaka to Hades.

"Ayaka-san... What's wrong?", says Hades to Yui Ayaka.

"I was worried that you might want to commit suicide because of the constant bullying you've been through.", says Yui Ayaka to Hades while her eyes is watery.

"I appreciate that you've worried about me, flu- I mean Ayaka-san. But don't worry, I'm alright and well.", says Hades.

"Flu-?", says Yui Ayaka while confused.

"It's nothing, may I accompany you to your room?", says Hades to Yui Ayaka.

"I don't mind.", says Yui Ayaka.

While walking down the hallway, Hades and Ayaka meets Ryosuke and Haruto with Reina. Ryosuke looks at Hades and Ayaka in rage and stands up from the stool. He quickly pushes Hades aside and grabs Ayaka hand.

"Bastard! What are you doing to my girlfriend, asshole!?", says Ryosuke while kicking Hades on the ground.

"It's nothing like that, Ryosuke-san. I'm just...", says Yui Ayaka but quickly get shut by Eagle.