Book 2, Chp 1: Escaped From Darklands

3rd POV

Morning came and Barbara woke up on the couch and realize Jim is still sleeping and she went to wake him up. However, Jim has been acting strange which caught her suspicious for a bit until Jim realize he's gonna be late from school and he quickly head to the garage where his bike is at. Once the garage door opens, he sees YN and Claire are waiting for him.

Claire: We are late, Jimbo.

Jim: (Sighs.) Keeping up appearances is hard.

The three use their bike to get to school.

Jim: She was so close to finding out today.

YN: But she didn't. That's what matters.

Jim: I don't know how long I can keep this up.

Jim reach for his face and then a mask appear as it removed and revealing it was Toby using a disguise to cover Jim.

Toby: One of you wear the glamour mask and play Jim. It's got this sweaty troll stank to it.

YN: I told you to clean it before wearing it, Tobes.

Toby: the stench doesn't even come off.

Claire: Either way, we made a deal. You cover for him in Arcadia, I handle all his duties in Trollmarket.

YN: And I deal with Jim's school homework. Unless you rather to the homework too.

Toby: Okay, fine. You got me from there. Speaking of which, any word?

Claire: Come on, guys! It's only been two weeks, and the amulet hasn't called for anyone else. We know he's okay in the Darklands. He'll be back, and with my baby brother.

YN: It pains me to say this Claire, but don't let hope blind you forever. Jim is strong, but even now we are walking on a thin ice. We must be careful and smart.

Claire: I know...but it doesn't mean we have to give up. He's still out there.

Toby: I hope so. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this stank. Where are you, Jim!?

YN: Nows not the time to worry. Let's focus on our daily school and then we'll meet back in Trollmarket.

Claire: Got it.

They arrive to school and Toby wears the mask to disguise Jim before they head to class. Things wasn't easy at first for Toby but he didn't had to do Jim's studies which is YNs doing. Only problem is Steve but YN stood up for Toby. Soon the school finished for today and the trio are heading to their bikes.

Claire: I'll meet you guys the Trollmarket and let you know if Jim is back.

YN: Sounds good, I'll finish up Jims and my assignments. We'll meet back as soon as we're done.

YN POV

Claire nods before she heads to Trollmarket while the rest of us are on our way to do our assignments. Once we finished everything, Toby and I were on our way to trollmarket as we pass through the park.

YN: I guess you covering Jim's really did paid off.

Toby: Too bad we have to do his studies.

YN: First of all, I'm the only one who's doing all of his homework and second, I know you're trying to toss yours as well.

Toby: Sorry.

YN: Is not that I'm mad, Tobes. Its just that you should study more so I don't have to do all this forever while Jim's in the darkland.

Toby: Hey, I'm covering for Jim-

YN: Covering Jim will also mean being smarter as Jim. Let's just be glad everyone's buying it without any suspicious.