0...

[In the afternoon of November 13th]

At the Hawkins sheriff's house, the man is sitting on his couch, looking at the boy he met in the early hours of the morning.

The boy introduced himself as Anthony, with no last name. And he prefers to be called Tony.

The sheriff puts his hand on his temples, shaking his head.

The boy also doesn't have any ID on him or even money. He didn't say anything, but Hopper was pretty sure the kid was going to rob somewhere and break into some random motel in town.

After all, he had no place to stay or how to survive before the man suggested the boy sleep at his house so that they could resolve this the next day.

The sheriff grabs Tony's attention, who is engrossed in a magazine while sitting in the sheriff's chair.

"Yeah, chief?" The boy says putting down the magazine and looking at Hopper.

"No identity, no money, and not even knowing exactly what day it is. How did you even end up here in Hawkins... Something happened to you? " He says, quoting what the boy told him. And easing his tone at the end.

The boy sets the magazine aside and appears to start thinking, something the sheriff lets him do it.

The boy then looks him in the eyes.

"This is a very strange city, you know?" The boy says, becoming somewhat serious.

For a second the hairs on the back of his neck stood up a little. "Huh, that's your first impression huh?" Hopper says, chuckling humorlessly and scratching his right eye.
Not taking the boy's word for it, he must be getting paranoid after the events of last week, suspecting a random homeless boy.

Little does he know what's going on in the boy's head.

'Are you sure about this Eva?' He asks, seeing the sheriff rub his eyes.

'Yes, host. The deeper analysis I did overnight yielded frighteningly strange results. This city is the only major focus of magic or external energies in the entire country.' Eva says factually.

The boy scratches the back of his neck and thinks about what to do.

Fate tends to work in funny ways. His current change of plan resulted in the boy ending up in this city... And his instincts tell him that the man in front of him knows things...

He's the sheriff of a city like this after all.

"Hey Chief"

The man, Jim Hopper looks at Tony, listening to what he has to say.

"Have you noticed anything like magic in the last few days in this city?"

At the boy's question, Hopper's eyes widened, fatigue not allowing him to maintain a good poker face.

Tony opens a smile,

"It seems that asking you for a little help was a great idea, isn't it." The boy chuckles and leans back in the armchair.

And so a small friendship around the nature of this place was formed...

________________________________________________________________________________

[Christmas Eve. Hawkins Forest.]

Through Hawkins Forest, two individuals walk alone, talking.

Tony and Hopper.

Dressed in cold weather clothes, taking with them... Eggo Waffles.

"Okay, but why Waffles? Like, is there a specific reason, Hopper?" The boy asks, walking next to the man, curious.