~3~

Regulus, being the gentlemen he was, held the door open for Morrigan, the young witch glancing around the room

Regulus, being the gentlemen he was, held the door open for Morrigan, the young witch glancing around the room. Morrigan's emerald eyes saw the beautiful wands that were displayed along the walls, the dark curtains kept the dingy light of Knockturn Alley from attempting to shine through into the store, and she quite liked the fact that the store displayed a warning. 'For those who do not find the wand that chooses, be weary of the wand that chooses you for your weak will.' Morrigan and Regulus walked over to the front desk, the young witch reaches for a bell, before it picks itself up ringing on its own.

Slowly, an older woman with greying hair, brown eyes, and beautiful dark skin, steps out into the store, seeing the young children before her, "welcome to 'Madame Sage's Wand Emporium' I am Madame Sage, how may I help you both?" The woman said, smiling gently at the two children.

"Pleasure to meet you, Madame Sage. I'm Morrigan Potter, this is my friend Regulus Black, we are wanting to purchase two customs wands," Morrigan said sweetly, but Madame Sage though could see the look in the young girls' eyes, this gleam of revenge, this gleam to destroy the world for failing her.

"Mmm, I believe know the wand that would suit you my dear child... but of course I cannot know what truly works for you, unless it is chosen by your magic." Madame Sage whispered, as she turned away from her, before pulling three chests out. The three chests sit wide open, inside the first was the wood types, the second was solid core types, and then lastly the liquid core types. "This is what I want you to do, my darling girl, hold your hand out, close your eyes, and feel with your magic." The older woman's voice whispered.

Morrigan looked at Regulus before raising her hand and closing her eyes. She allowed her dark core to reach out, a swirling piece of her magic reached out, as it formed into a dark hand, Madame Sage's eyes were wide with shock, as Regulus smirked at the sight. Her magic was a living breathing thing, it had a mind of its own, but they worked as one being.

Slowly the dark hand gripped the wand wood, placing it to the side, and then grabbing two cores, and lastly it gripped one liquid, but it didn't leave. The two watched as the magic reached for a vial and an athame, Morrigan was in tune with her magic, as she lifted her arm the vial now being held by another bit of her magic, she did not move as the darkness moved the knife and sliced across her pale flesh. They watched as the girl's blood dripped into the vial, drip, drip, drip... before finally the wound on her arm healed, the vial now beside the other liquid core. The magic left them feeling like they wanted, no needed more of the intoxicating darkness, Regulus felt deprived of something so beautiful, so intoxicating.

Morrigan's eyes snapped open as she looked down at the pieces before them. She glanced at the older woman, before asking, "so what pieces are before us, I know the last is my blood, to help tie everything together, and to make sure no one else can use my wand... but what of the others?"

Madame Sage looked down, she wasn't surprised at what she saw, so she explained. "The Wood is Snake wood. Some magical snakewood trees have resisted attempts to prune or kill them, and their leaves have powerful healing properties. Aside from that, its properties as wand wood are unknown. The two cores are a Basilisk Horn which is unknown, presumably it has a strong affinity for the Dark arts. And then Thestral tail hair... the Thestral tail hair is regarded as an unstable, if not the most difficult, substance to use in wand-making. It is potent, but a tricky core to master; only a witch or wizard who is capable of accepting death could do so. And lastly the liquid cores your blood as you said ties the wand to you, no one can use your wand. And last is Phoenix tears - healing properties. Your wand although gifted in the dark arts, is also a wand of healing, if I didn't know any better, I believe your wand will be the end of all the prejudice in our world." Madame Sage whispered.