008

I wake up in an unknown bed. Sunlight streams in through the curtains as my mind slowly adjusts to where I am. Oscars apartment. I groan and roll over, my semi-bare back exposed to the room as I dig my face into the pillows. The feeling of the cold soft sheets against my skin feels so good that I just don't want to get up.

"Callie," Oscars voice comes from behind me. I groan and roll to where I can see him. That's when I realize what I'm wearing; a bralette and sleep shorts. I quickly pull the blanket up to my chest, watching as heat rises to Oscar's cheeks. He clears his throat and starts again, "Um I was wondering what you wanted for breakfast."

"Oh um waffles sound good if you have the ingredients and supplies," I quietly respond, tightening the blanket around my chest. He nods and scurries out of the room. I grumble and throw myself back down into the bedsheets.

I run my hands over my face, beginning to force myself out of the bed. I slip out of the sheets and make my way to my suitcase to get a shirt. I grab a Williams shirt and slip it over my bralette and head out of the bedroom. My feet slightly slap the wooden floor as I make my way to the kitchen.

"Callie!" Oscar calls from the kitchen, causing me to jump at the sudden loud noise. I round the corner into the kitchen and jump up on to the counter, sitting with my legs hanging down.

"Oscar," I say in response to him calling for me. He jumps ever so slightly, chuckling at me as he turns around. He walks towards me and positions himself between my thighs. A slight blush rises on my cheeks.

"Good morning," he says, reaching for my face. His callused hand swipes at my chin.

"Morning," I mumble out. I lay my head on his shoulder. The smell of waffles fills my nose as Oscar moves away from my body to go tend to the waffles. The loss of his body close to mine made me feel a bit cold.

"How many waffles are you wanting?" Oscar asks and I think for a second before answering.

"Two please," I answer, my hands finding the hem of my shorts. I rub the hem between my thumb and pointer, the silk cooling my body. I see him nod and he open the waffle maker to get the first waffle out. He pours the mixture in for the second one before closing it and walking to the fridge.

I jump off the counter and walk over to him. He pulls out the butter as I reach around him and pull out the orange juice. My hand grazes his side as I pull my hand away, causing him to flinch and almost drop the butter. I smirk as head back across the kitchen.

"Where are the glasses?" I ask him as I set down the juice. He points to a cabinet by the sink. I have to stand on my tippy toes to reach the glasses, causing him to chuckle. I flip him off.

"You're so cute," Oscar says, blood rushing to my cheeks. I murmur a quick thank you before pouring a glass of orange juice for me and one for him. His hand finds its way around my waist and my eyes find his. His eyes are filled with something I'm unable to read. He removes his arms from me and goes back to making the waffles. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and took the glasses of orange juice to the dining table.

"Hey Osc, don't forget the silverware," I call out, to him. I hear him call a reply as I sit down at the table. The syrup is already on the table along with possible toppings such as fruit.

"Here you go darling," Oscar says placing a plate in front of me. He puts his plate at the opposite side of the table where his glass is. He slides into the chair and looks at me. His eyes still hold that look that is difficult to read. The look he's giving me makes it impossible for the heat to stop rising to my cheeks. I have to keep telling myself it's all fake.

But if this was fake why would he do this in private? Why would he call me these names when we're not in front of people?

"Thanks for breakfast," I say, my eyes staring down at my plate. I start cutting up my waffles and eating. Oscar follows suit as we eat in silence.