Chapter 32

"Shinso thinks we'll be good to go in a couple of months, but he isn't sure," Midoriya said. "He also doesn't want us to start building our house until the situation is resolved."

"Well, we can plan the house, right?" Bakugo was trying to make the best out of a terrible situation and keep them distracted. "Pick out the paint, floors, wallpaper, trim, stuff along those lines?"

Midoriya smiled. "Yes, we can. We just can't pick a contractor or reach out to anyone." They worried about being tracked or their items being sabotaged.

"You know what else we could talk about," Bakugo said nervously.

Midoriya turned toward him, giving him his full attention. "What's that?"

"Our future." Bakugo walked over, grabbed his hand, and led him to the living room.

"What about our future?" Midoriya asked as they took a seat on the couch.

"Well, we talked about kids." They mentioned they both wanted a few, but they never talked more in-depth about it. "How do you want to go about it? Adoption, or surrogacy."

Midoriya shrugged. "It doesn't matter to me. Adoption has a long wait list for a newborn, but finding a surrogate might be hard."

"So you specifically want a newborn?"

Midoriya nodded. "For the first kid, anyway. After that, we could probably go up to six or seven. I think that's something we'll have to play by ear. But I do want our first kid to be a newborn." He crossed his legs and set them on top of Bakugo's. "What about you?"

"I want to try surrogacy at least once, but I wouldn't want to know the mother's quirk. It would be in the back of my head, and I don't want it to be." At least he's honest. Even if people tried not to be biased against quirks, they did.

"As soon as things are calmed down, we can look for a surrogate," Midoriya said.

Bakugo raised a brow and grabbed his boyfriend's knee, squeezing softly. "That soon?"

"We can start looking. Finding someone may take a while, and then we will have to wait through the pregnancy. If we find we're not ready for it, then we won't." The last thing Midoriya wanted to do was scare Bakugo off. But he wanted to at least start the process that year. It could still take years for someone to agree to be their surrogate and to get everything going.

"I love you," Bakugo whispered. "I love you so much."

"I love you more," Midoriya said. "As for our house, I don't care too much about most of the design choices. As long as it has heated floors, I'm fine with whatever." He never cared too much about the trim or molding of a room. As long as he was comfortable in his own home, he was alright with whatever.

"I think we can manage that." Bakugo grabbed his lower legs and yanked them to the right, practically pulling his boyfriend into his lap. "Do we want to go traditional, modern, or American modern?"

"I don't want tatami," Midoriya said quickly. "I don't know how Todoroki does it, but I don't like walking on it."

"That might be because you grew up in a modern American apartment with carpet. Most places don't have carpet, love."

"Well, then that's what I want, I guess. What do you want?" Midoriya slid his arm around his boyfriend's waist and leaned against his chest.

"That sounds good to me. As long as we have our own bathroom, a good gym, and a pool outback, I think I can deal with anything." Bakugo nuzzled against the top of his head and kissed him. "Maybe we'll look up some choices later and figure out what type of flooring we want and shit like that. We just won't look into a company."