08

Oh my.

[Y/N] felt amazing.

A loud sigh came out of [Y/N], as she relaxed her back. It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She stretched her arms, smiling as widely as she could and making the people around her give her weird looks. The girl skipped her way to her class, erasing any negativity in the air.

ʚ ══════・୨ ꕤ ୧・══════ ɞ

The gentle chill in the air gave the boy slight goosebumps as he smoked his lungs away with the cigarettes [Y/N] bought him. Jotaro leaned on the alley-way wall, watching vehicles pass by. His face was as stoic as ever. If someone were to host a try-not-to flinch challenge, he would win, no doubt.

“Hey, Jojo,” a soothing voice greeted him. Jotaro glanced at the direction from the voice.

“Morning, Kakyoin,” he nodded in acknowledgment. Kakyoin smiles warmly as he stands beside Jotaro.

A comfortable silence fell as the annoying sounds of the vehicles filled their ears. “I see you’ve stocked up on cigarettes.” Kakyoin broke the silence. Jotaro didn’t respond for a few seconds as he paused, “you knew about this.” He turned his head to Kakyoin, “didn’t you…”

“Can’t say I didn’t.” Kakyoin chuckles as he tells Jotaro about how he met [Y/N]. “But hey,” Kakyoin started, “you have to hand it to her, she put quite the effort for you.”

Jotaro sighed as he put out his cigarette. “Good grief… I know. She threatened me earlier today.”

“Pfft—!” Kakyoin burst into laughter, “hah— guess she got sick of your bullshit!”

He lightly punches Kakyoin’s shoulder, “shut the fuck up…” Jotaro chuckles. After a few minutes of conversing, both men headed back to their representative classes (much to Jotaro’s dismay).

The boy made his way to his homeroom, fiddling with the cigarette packs in his pockets.

ʚ ══════・୨ ꕤ ୧・══════ ɞ

[Y/N] eagerly packed her stuff in her bag as the teacher dismissed class. She hummed to herself as she took the long route to the library. The girl thought it’d be nice to admire the plants the garden club planted. The aroma was heaven sent, it was even better than her auntie’s infamous tea.

Who knew fall flowers could be so unique? Or maybe [Y/N] was just too joyous, she almost missed the library.

And like how she missed her classmates and faculty staring at her with disgusted or terrified looks. Wondering what had sparked such joy in her.

The girl continued humming to herself as she grabbed a book titled, “GUIDE BOOK TO MARINE LIFE” by Hajime Masuda. And yes, she grabbed the book solely because of its cover. She took a seat near the entrance as she’s afraid Jotaro wouldn’t spot her. She settled her bag on the floor and started reading the book.

Thirty-minutes had passed since she started reading and a smile was plastered on [Y/N]’s face the whole time as she turned the pages. It was as if there were stars twinkling in her eyes. She couldn’t contain it!

A huge number of pictures of different species of fish were in this book. Heck, she could stay here with her sketchbook and pencil and draw this whole book in one sitting.

Maybe I should borrow this…

The girl took out her drawing materials and made the book lean on her water bottle. She randomly flipped to a page with a unique looking fish and settled for that. But before her pencil could even touch the paper, she realized something…

Crap! I was so happy and relieved I didn’t even know if Kujo agreed or not. And this marine book wasn’t helping at all!

She facepalms herself, “ugh… wasted all my energy and he’s probably not going to come.” The girl groaned in frustration.

She sighed for the umpteenth time today and calmed her nerves. “Okay [Y/N],” she paused. “Keep drawing, and let’s see if he turns up or not. If he doesn’t, then there’s your answer.” She spoke to herself.

Five minutes passed as she was nearly finished with her drawing when Jotaro— oh so casually— walked in.

He looked around for a moment before finally spotting her and sitting in front of her. No words were exchanged between the two as [Y/N] ignored him and continued drawing.

“Diodon holocanthus…?” He asked in a hushed tone. The girl looked up at him, “how do you know?” She emphasized the “you”.

Jotaro stayed silent for a moment, “it looks like it.”

[Y/N] didn’t know if he was being sarcastic, egotistic, or dumb. She was about to open her mouth, seemingly wanting to scold him for being super late but before she could do that,

“My grandpa called me to do some errands.” He spoke. “Nice excuse, Kujo. Whatever… at least you came…”

The girl tidied her supplies and took out her notebook. She quietly wrote down their names and a list below it. “So, for our animal…” She paused, waiting for him to pay attention.

“I was thinking between goldfish and oranda fish—”

“Goldfish.”

“Huh? Why? You got a problem with oranda fish or something…?”

“Yeah, they’re stupid looking… Like you.”

[Y/N] gasped, “that was uncalled for! Tuna face…” she muttered the last part.

“What was that?”

“Nothing…”

After that, they discussed what each of them would do. Jotaro would search for the origin and population. Meanwhile, [Y/N] does the habitat and fun facts plus she has to print the pictures, decorate, and cut, and stick, and…

Ugh…

They ended the day and agreed to meet tomorrow.

⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
A/N !!
Yikes (⁠ ⁠・ั⁠﹏⁠・ั⁠)