🌱douze

Jungkook was speechless, unable to find any words to say as he stared up at the male in front of him. He brought the sleeve of the hoodie he wore up to his face to wipe away some of his tears.

His hair was a brilliant silvery tone that glowed in the low light, and his eyes... His eyes nearly made Jungkook's heart stop. They looked just like the ones he had just seen in his dream - his mother's. Such an icy shade of blue, like his irises had been frosted over. He had never seen anyone else before, besides her, who had eyes like that.

It sent a shiver down his spine.

"Who are you?" Those were the only words he could think to say, his voice shaky and hesitant. He watched as the male stared down at him, an unreadable look in his eyes and a frown tugging at his lips. He was too shocked to think of the most logical answer to his question, just completely stunned by the person and situation being presented to him.

The male worried his bottom lip before finally tearing his gaze away from Jungkook.

"I'm Taehyung." He answered softly, and his voice was so undeniably cold.

A look of realization took over Jungkook's features, before it was morphing into a stressed confusion.

This was Jimin's boyfriend, Taehyung.

Taehyung. Taehyung.

God, why did that name strike a chord in his mind? He had been wondering that since Jimin first spoke it. Something deep within his subconscious knew it, and was trying to claw its way out. It wasn't just that Jimin had mentioned him, something was telling him he knew that name well before he had ever even seen Jimin.

He knew him. He felt it in his bones. But how?

"You're Jungkook, right?" Taehyung words brought him back down to earth. He nodded slowly, uncomfortable at the fact that he couldn't decipher the emotion on the other male's face. He looked conflicted, but his face was basically frozen over. Stony, and cold, like a mask to hide whatever he might've truly been feeling. "What's your mother's name?"

A look of bewilderment took over Jungkook's features, completely taken aback by the question as his breath caught in his throat. Why the hell was he asking about his mother so unprompted? Did he know her? He couldn't. They didn't look that much far apart in age.

"Why are you asking about my mother?" He asked, finally sitting up in his seat. He pulled the drawstrings of his hoodie, trying his best to hide the marking on his collarbone. Taehyung didn't exactly look human, but he could never be too careful.

That was another thing so perplexing about this situation. Did Jimin know his boyfriend might be a witch?

"Just answer the question." Taehyung sounded irritated, only further confusing Jungkook. Did he do something to him? This was the first time ever meeting the guy.

Jungkook let out a shaky breath.

"Seolhwa." He answered softly. His heart ached when he said her name. He could only think of how his father's voice sounded when he called for her so lovingly. He watched a break in Taehyung's hardened features, a look of hurt flashing across his face for a split second before he was attempting to bury it once more.

"Fuck." Taehyung breathed and ran a hand through his hair. He took a few steps backwards, completely avoiding eye contact with Jungkook. He looked so distraught, it was difficult for Jungkook to think of anything to say or do. He just sat there in the balance, frozen. "Did she even ever tell you?" Taehyung caught his gaze once more, and Jungkook gulped when he noticed the tears in his eyes. "Did she tell you she had a child before you?"