🌱six

Jimin was just a tad bit suspicious.

It had been around a week since his peculiar meeting with the brunette that went by the name of Jungkook, and not once since then had Jimin seen him around the neighbourhood. He had never seen him enter or leave any of the recently sold houses, and hadn't heard anything about anybody moving into the neighbourhood alone.

It was strange, definitely, but Jimin always tried his best not to make assumptions unless he knew the entire story.

"Taehyung, have you met the new neighbour yet?" He asked, watching curiously as his long term boyfriend took ice cubes out of their fridge to put into a glass of water. The ice clinked against the glass once he dropped them into the cup, releasing crackling sounds as they came into contact with the water

Taehyung hummed softly, bringing the glass up to his lips and taking a gulp of the drink. He furrowed his eyebrows and shook a few dusty grey pieces of hair out of his eyes, before tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"We have a new neighbour?" He asked, his dangling earrings swaying softly as he took another sip of his ice cold drink. He was already dressed and ready for work, and Jimin found himself being amazed by his beauty even after all of these years. His chocolate eyes glinted underneath his round lense glasses. When they had met four years ago, Taehyung's eyes had been Jimin's favourite physical feature of him.

All of those years later, and they still were.

"Yeah." Jimin nodded, walking up behind Taehyung and resting his head on his shoulder. "A young guy, he's living alone."

"I'm guessing that you've met him then?" Taehyung asked, chuckling softly as Jimin nuzzled his head into the crook of his neck. Jimin hummed, fluffy hair brushing against Taehyung's skin as he nodded.

"I saw him on my way to work about a week ago." He wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist, slipping his fingers underneath the hem of his boyfriend's light blue button up. Taehyung's skin was freezing cold - it always was. It was just something that Jimin had learned to get used to. "His name's Jungkook."

Jimin's interest immediately piqued as he felt Taehyung tense up under his touch at the mention of the new neighbour's name, lifting his head up and tilting Taehyung's head to the side so that he could get a look at his facial expression.

It was hard, obviously in an attempt to block out whatever emotions truly did want to shine through. He asked about it, knowing fully well that their mutual honesty was the reason that they had lasted together so long.

"Taehyung? What's up?" He asked gently, his boyfriend huffing softly and turning around so that he could face him. "Do you know him?"

"No, I..." Taehyung's mouth was set into a deep frown, eyebrows knitted together. "I just don't like the name. It doesn't hold a lot of good memories for me." He slowly allowed his face to soften, noticing he worry that was painted across Jimin's. "Nothing that could bother me now, just some unresolved tension from awhile ago."

He bent down and kissed Jimin's nose as so to prove that he was being honest with him.

Jimin breathed a sigh of relief, nodding slowly.

"You've got to get to work don't you?" He frowned softly again, Taehyung chuckling softly at the displeasure he was exhibiting.

"I do, but I'll be back, so I don't want your pouting right now." He laughed, ruffling Jimin's hair before kissing the crown of his head gently. "See you."

He walked away from Jimin, slipping on his white sneakers that were always kept at the door. "Love you!" He called as he opened the door, Jimin immediately returning the phrase as if it was second nature before Taehyung left and closed the door behind him.