Chapter 1: A Normal School Day

[Name] groaned as their alarm blared in their ears. After getting ready he went downstairs to eat breakfast. He made himself a bowl of cereal. While he was eating he saw his mom come downstairs, but she didn't look like she was ready for work.

"[Name]? What are you doing up so early?"

"What do you mean?"

"Its 5:30 AM. You normally wake up at 6:00."

"He looked at his wrist where his watch should've been only to see that it wasn't there. He got up and checked the time and saw that it was 7:00.

"Mom, its 7 AM."

"Oh sh-" his mom Evelynn exclaimed before she ran upstairs to go get ready. [Name] chuckled while he went back to eat his cereal.

After a while, he left to walk to school after saying bye to his mom. The sky looked grey, clouds were all over the sky. [Name] liked gloomy weather. He grabbed an umbrella just in case it started to rain but he ended up not needing to use it. After a couple of minutes, he got to school.

He'd say that he had a pretty good schedule, he had science with Ms. Oakly, English with Ms. Keener, math with Mrs. Crane, Gym, Lunch, History with Mrs. Rene, Art with Mr. Paxton, and Spanish with Ms. Romanano. Michael was in 5 of [Name]'s classes.

While [Name] was walking to Ms.Oakly's class he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and saw his best friend Avery, whom he had first period with.

"Hey [Name]! How's your day been?"

"Its been a day. How's yours been?"

"Mine's been great. Wanna ask Ms.Oakly if we can go to the library in class?"

"Obviously."

While the two of them were talking, [Name] saw Michael. He couldn't help but admire how he looked. His blue eyes, his smile, his freckles. He was wearing a black leather jacket with a grey tank top that looked like it was once a normal grey t-shirt with its sleeves ripped off. His hair was slightly long and was in a mullet. Both of his ears were pierced but he only had one stud earring on his right ear. He was wearing a pair of ripped jeans, not the type that was sold ripped, but the type that was ripped over time.

"[NAME], stop staring at Michael."

"What, pfft, I wasn't staring at him. What are you talking about?"

"Yeah ookay."

The first period was as it always was. Avery and [Name] couldn't go to the library even though they were done with all of their work so they just talked and drew the entire period.

[Name] pulled out some Sharpies and started drawing on his hand and arm. He drew bones on his hand and flowers that went all the way up to his elbow.

The two of them were in the back corner of the class so that singular corner smelt like Sharpie. [Name]'s seat made it so that Avery was on his right and Michael was on his left. After a while [Name] and Michael became friends.

"I like your arm."

"Hmm, oh thank you."

"Can you draw on my arm?"

"Yeah sure, I'd love to."

Michael wanted him to draw a mix of bones and flowers. While [Name] was drawing, Michael felt a blush emerge on his face.

The rest of the day went as it always did. Math sucked, as usual. While [Name] was starting to walk home he saw Michael waiting for his dad to pick him up.

"Hey, Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Uhm, do you wanna hang out later?"

"Sure, wanna go to the arcade?"

"Yeah sure, uhm, does 5 PM sound good?"

"Yeah sure, see you there."

"See ya."

[Name]'s heart was beating out of his chest at this point.

Once he got home he realized that he never asked his mom if he could go out.

"Mom, can I go to the arcade at like 5 PM today?"

"Why do you want to go?"

"Oh, I'm hanging out with a friend."

"Who is the friend?"

"Michael."

"Michael Afton? Isn't that the eldest son of the owner of the diner, Fredbears or something? Isn't he the one who saved his brother from getting his head bitten by the robot."

"Yeah."

"Sure, you can go, but just be back by 7:30 PM."

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!."