Coming in Crutch

TW: mentions of unwanted attention and harassment
Rach's perspective:
Looking up into the stands after scoring my first goal against Tottenham I forgot for a second that my girl wasn't here, I'm so used to her always being near me that it doesn't feel right when she's not. I've been like this all week - going to tell her something funny or talk about the pranks I'd played at training or simply just taking Dexi for a walk together. Everything I do, I just automatically think she's there with me. I know she's having an amazing time away though, remembering all the games she has been here for and all the ones she will be at in the future. Shaking the thoughts away I needed to get my head back in the game. This match was gruelling, we played so well but in the end came home with a draw, scoring two and making my way up the golden boot ladder. Of course I want another trophy for the shelf but I don't want to seem too confident as it'll be a blow if I don't.

You had managed to get Rachel's game on your phone, pleased with yourself with how your timing had worked out perfectly. The morning sun rays had soaked your skin before coming back for a shower, now laid up on your bed to air dry and watch the game. You had text your girlfriend earlier to wish her luck but she didn't know you were watching. Elated at her scoring two but gutted their hard work didn't pay off, Tottenham had a lot to fight for being near the bottom of the table and that really showed. Villa had solidified the 5th place in the league, a goal they had for 3 years time but completing it in one season. Texting her at the end to say she and the girls played so well and not to be too hard on herself, you're always proud of her and the team no matter what.

During the week away, Lucy and Keira popped over to show you the sites around Barcelona, visiting all the touristy spots and taking lots of photos together. Chelsea trained for the impending second leg of the semi final while you and Millie enjoyed the sunshine, cocktails and boat trips. Towards the end of the week you were starting to miss Rachel terribly but she was always only a phone call away. The game came and went, Chelsea lost meaning the team were in dire need of cheering up - planning a night out all together before going home. The Barca girls were invited too and the English team mates came over to get ready with you and Millie.

The night out had dragged into the early hours of the morning as you danced around the club with your newly formed friends, you weren't drinking too much tonight as you wanted to enjoy your last day tomorrow. Remembering how awful you felt the last time you went out you knew you didn't want to feel sick all day when you could be topping up your tan for the last time. The music blaring and lights flickering created the party atmosphere, blowing The Blues' disappointment of the loss away. Later in the night you split from the group to use the bathroom but when you came back your friends were no longer to be found, you didn't worry too much and knew they'd turn up somewhere. Popping your head into the different rooms to see if you could spot them before heading to the garden, you couldn't find anyone there either so you decided to station yourself at the bar knowing that someone would come around sooner or later. Finding the only bar stool available you sat down and tried to get the bar woman's attention to order a drink. The person next to you soon left leaving the stool next to you free which quickly got taken by an older looking gentleman who immediately gave you bad vibes. He tried to make small talk, you smiled politely but didn't engage in any conversation. After he got the barmaid's attention before you did he offered to buy you a drink, you declined his offer but disregarding your wishes he still ordered you a cocktail. Reiterating you didn't want a drink and pushing it away made him angsty, "don't be ungrateful, drink up" he said pushing the glass back towards your hand. The barmaid glared at him in a way to say she was watching him as she took the order you actually wanted them span your chair around to face the dance floor hoping to catch sight of your friends but the man's advances still didn't let up. That was until his hand landed on your thigh. "Don't touch me please!" you shouted smacking his hand away and opening your phone to text Millie, managing to send 'SOS bar' before your phone died.

Pushing the stool back you tried to walk away from the bar in search of your friends when you felt an unwanted hand on your bum, turning around to slap him his sweaty hand gripped your forearm squeezing tightly. As you tried to pull away he held onto you tighter, burning your skin as it twisted under his hold on you. You felt your heart thump harder in your chest as you screamed at him to let go of you, people glanced over but did nothing to help. His raspy voice mumbling "where do you think you're going?" made you feel sick, his teeth gritted and mouth barely moving as his words hit you, feeling a knot in your stomach making it churn. You tried desperately to yank your arm away from him but his strength easily overpowered you. Unable to move you started to panic, how was this happening in a crowded room of people?!

In a sudden and desperate attempt to get away you instinctively threw your glass of vodka into his eyes, his grip loosening a little but not enough to escape. Your body jolted with sudden movements trying everything to make him let go, your hair flung over your face and blocked your vision of someone else approaching you. "SHE SAID LET GO OF HER!" the voice thundered around the room louder than the music making the whole room turn silent causing hundreds of eyes to stare in your direction. The sigh of relief that left your body knowing Millie had found you made you want to punch the air. The man yelped in pain as she slammed her crutches down on his toes, immediately letting go of you allowing you to run into the awaiting arms of her Chelsea teammates. Some were filming as Lucy approached, her fist drawn back as she went to punch him only stopped by Kiera hanging onto her knowing it would cause her reputation to be damaged. "Should have known you're all dykes!" he shouted as he lost the battle. Millie towered over the man delivering another blow of her crutches into his feet, her eyes red with anger, her face displaying a look nobody would want to be on the other end of. Security finally caught word of the scene and advised the police had been called, offering a safe space to wait until they came and made sure the man would be waiting for them.

Bruises already forming peppering your arm in purple and blue hues as you sipped on water in the comfort of your hotel room. Now well into the morning Lucy and Kiera had returned to their own house while Erin, Sam and Guro had moved their duvets and pillows onto the floor of your hotel room. Surrounded by people who cared about you as you curled up onto Millie's stomach who was desperately trying to warm you up. The adrenaline had worn off and with the shock kicking in you were shivering uncontrollably even with the humid air of the foreign country. Your whimpers escaping as tears started to fall again "I just want to go home".