Title: Unveiling the Enigma

As I faced Tessia's grandfather, Virion Eralith, in the aftermath of our encounter with the mysterious assailant, I knew I had to tread carefully. Despite my understanding of the situation, Virion's piercing gaze demanded explanations.

"Why the charade?" I questioned, maintaining a facade of ignorance while internally contemplating the best course of action.

Virion's smirk betrayed his awareness. "Your little trick wouldn't have posed a threat," he remarked, gesturing towards the harmless projectile I had conjured.

Suppressing my frustration at being underestimated, I continued to play along, concealing the extent of my abilities. I couldn't risk revealing my true strength, especially to someone as astute as Virion.

Virion tossed me a wooden sword, signaling a spar. As we engaged in combat, I couldn't help but wonder at the necessity of such theatrics.

Despite my reduced strength from the time travel, I reminded myself that I remained stronger than in the original timeline. As we dueled, I mentally listed off the special abilities I possessed and would need to refine to confront future adversaries successfully: enhanced agility, proficiency in elemental magic, mastery of telekinesis, and strategic prowess.

I will expand on what I mean by telekinesis

Each clash of our wooden swords tested my skills to their limit. I couldn't afford to reveal too much, but I had to showcase enough to keep Virion intrigued.

As the spar came to an end even though I know my family will be safe this time I still need to pretend like I don't so soon as he offers to mentor me I'll accept