05.

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞-𝐀𝐧𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬
Not Welcomed

"How are you feeling today?" Mom asked me as she stood at my room door.

I had my first treatment session yesterday morning. I slept the entire day after, but this morning I actually felt refreshed and bit stronger than I was yesterday. The only problem was that now I was sad, I resigned from my job effective immediately, I had no friends here, I couldn't do anything fun. I felt like I was serving a prison sentence and I hated it.

"I'm going over to Dianne's. You should come, get some fresh air," she said, and before I could decline, she added, "You don't have to worry, Trent won't be there."

"Mum," I sighed.

"The doctor said you can easily slide into depression, so it's good to have people around you. I know if Trent knew what was happening, he'd want to be there. He's good company, one you could use and you know that," she said gently.

"I do not want or need his pity, please," I said firmly, sliding off the bed. "And fine, I'll go get dressed and come."

I rummaged through my suitcase, since I wasn't done unpacking, searching for something casual yet cute to wear. After a few moments, I settled on a pair of light-wash jeans and a flowy white blouse. I slipped on a necklace, the one Stephanie had given me, and added a touch of lip gloss.

Next, I turned my attention to my hair. I decided on a simple but stylish half-up, half-down hairstyle. I pulled back the top section of my hair and secured it with a clip, allowing loose hair to frame my face. A quick glance in the mirror confirmed that I was ready to go.

As I made my way downstairs, I found my mom waiting for me in the foyer. She smiled warmly as she saw me.

"You look lovely, dear," she said, giving me a reassuring hug.

"Thanks," I replied, returning the hug. "Let's go."

We made our way to the car, and I was somehow nervous and I don't know why. Despite my reservations about seeing Trent, I knew my mom was right. It was important to have people around me during this time. We drove for about twenty minutes, the scenery changing from busy streets to tree-lined avenues. Soon, we arrived at our destination—a nice neighborhood, a place where only the rich and famous could afford to live.

My mom parked the car in front of a spacious mansion, and we stepped out onto the manicured lawn. The sound of birds chirping filled the air, and a gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the trees. She was right, it was huge and I'm sure I wasn't even seeing the half of it.

"This is it," my mom said, gesturing towards the house. "the Alexander-Arnold's residence."

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what lay ahead. As we approached the front door, it swung open, and Aunt Dianne stood there, a warm smile on her face.

"My beautiful Jade," she said, pulling me into a tight hug. "It's so good to see you. I missed you it's been so long"

"Thanks, Aunt D," I said, returning the hug. "It's good to see you too. I'm sorry I've been so distant but you know"

"No apologies necessary" She said.

We stepped inside, and I was immediately struck by the elegance of the interior. The walls were filled with tasteful artwork, and the furniture looked like it belonged in a magazine spread. It was clear they really moved on up to the finer side of life.