02.

𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞-𝐀𝐧𝐧 𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐬
Present Day
Age 24
🝮

"I couldn't care less about that," I chuckled, "Girl, I ghosted him. How can he expect me to date him when he's not over his ex? Mad man." I applied a coat of lipgloss, examining my reflection in the mirror.

"I don't believe in ghosting, but his ass deserved it because, what?" Steph chimed in, doing some last-minute touch-ups on her makeup. It was Friday night, and after a long week, we both agreed it would be nice to have a little girls' night out.

"Is Kiara still coming?" I asked, putting in my earrings. "She has this habit of canceling last minute after hyping up plans. I keep telling her I don't like it, at all."

"Well, she hasn't texted anything, so that's a good sign," Steph replied, checking our group chat.

"Good, because I told her I'm not having it this week," I said, examining my hair in the mirror.

"You're so cranky. Somebody needs to get laid," Steph laughed, prompting an eye roll from me.

"I can't lie, I do," I sighed. "My vagina must think I'm dead; she gets no action. Which is fine, see oxygen is something I need, sex isn't."

"Right, the more you tell yourself that, the more you'll start believing it," she said in the most disingenuous tone I had ever heard.

"You need to take that back," I shook my head before going for my purse. I returned and she lit her pre-rolled joint. If this were my apartment, she'd have to step outside, but it didn't bother me since it wasn't my apartment.

"Wasn't your last time with that guy, I can't remember his name, the one you work with?" she said, exhaling the smoke.

"I am not showing up to the club smelling like weed; back up a little," I said, wrinkling my nose. "Also, we don't speak of that. I have always heard never, ever sleep with someone you work with. Did I listen? No. But did I learn? Absolutely."

"That was so low," she laughed.

"Low? What's low is you sleeping with your boy best friend and trying to convince us all that you two are just friends," I countered.

"But we are just friends," she laughed.

"Liar," I called out.

"Fine, we were lonely and we couldn't be bothered with meeting someone new or getting to know them. We already knew each other and we're comfortable so why not," she shrugged.

"That reeks," I said, shaking my head.

"Everyone has messed around with a male friend before, don't act like you've never done it," she laughed.

"Who is everyone? I have not! What are you talking about?" I retorted.

"Never?"

"Ever," I said firmly. "To be fair, I haven't had that many male friends. I had a male best friend growing up, but that's absolutely gross. I would never."

"Yeah, the famous Trent Alexander- Arnold. I was so tired about hearing about his ass. You mentioned him a lot when we first met. I genuinely thought he was your boyfriend," she laughed.