Chapter 3

"Wait... OUR SON IS WHAT!?"

Miles' dad seemed angry, but not at Gwen.

"Mr. Morales, I know that I... we will find your son.", Gwen said, hoping to calm him down, but she could tell he was still frustrated, and worried.

James, as usual, was sitting in the corner of the room doing nothing, watching on with only his green glowing eyes staring out from the darkness. He said nothing, and sat there, watching on, and listening.

As Rio tried to calm down Miles' dad, (which she wasn't doing very well at considering she was concerned herself), Gwen's eyes flipped to James and back, asking for some help in the situation, but he said nothing.

"So you're telling us, you let OUR son into the nuti-verse or whatever, and now he is slowly dying because YOU can't catch him!?". NOW he was angry at Gwen (and James, but he wasn't saying much).

"Mr. Morales, please just calm down-", Gwen tried to say, before getting cut off.

"CALM DOWN?! My son is rotting out there! How do you expect me to calm down?!", and now Miles' dad was raising his voice. Gwen had to raise her voice as well to be heard.

"Sir, please just listen-"

"OH NO, DON'T YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME NOW!"

"I'm not, I'm trying to-"

"WILL YOU BOTH JUST SHUT UP!?"

This time it was a new voice. James' voice.

"God, it's like listening to toddlers fight", James said, sounding very irritated. Then he turned to Miles' dad.

"Look I get you're not happy that your son is out there, but quite frankly, neither am I, because now I have to put my ass on the line to save him.", James said, and surprisingly, Miles' dad said nothing. Then James turned to her and said, "Come on, let's go find him.", before going back out through the window they came in.

Gwen turned around waved a small goodbye, and leaped out the window behind James and started swinging behind him.

I don't think I can stand this much longer