The Finals!

The team still had two days left before they could play in the final. They were elated that they finally had a new coach, and everyone wanted to train hard.

The last training session went very well. They played very well together and knew that if they played like they had trained today, they would have a chance tomorrow. So, with heads held high and a good feeling in their bodies, they ended their training. " You did well today," came the rough voice of their new coach. Everyone was happy with his statement and left the field in a great mood. Only Anna frowned, knowing that even when they trained well and had grown a lot over the journey in this tournament, she still thought about Ray Dark often. She knew that he wanted to hurt the Raimon players, and she knew personally that he was capable of doing a lot.

After the training, as they walked home Axel, Mark, Nathan and Anna walked together through Inazuma Town. Mark was his happy self. He could not wait for the finals to begin. " I can't want!!" yelled the boy with the bandana. The rest laughed at his enthusiasm. " I am going to train a bit more.. Do you guys want to join?" Nathan was the one who wanted to train with Mark, but Axel and Anna indicated that they had other plans. But before they separated, they got something to eat together. 

" Are you going to see your grandmother?" Asked Axel once they separated from their teammates. 

" Yes, I like to see her," she smiled softly. " What about you? Are you going to see your little sister?"  Axel nodded as well. " Yes, I like to see her every day out of school or training. 

" That is good. We could walk together to the hospital if you want" asked Anna with a small blush that escaped Axel.

Axel got a smile on his face. " I like that," he responded.

The walk to the hospital was filled with talking, and they both had a lot of fun. Anna was very happy about this, and she needed it. Axel was always there to lift up her spirit, even if he did not know that he had done it. After they got to the hospital, they went their own ways, Axel to the Children's department and Anna to the long-term facility. 

As Anna walked through the halls of the hospital, her mind went to the upcoming game, and she got worried again.  She wanted to know more about the play of Royal but also about the place they needed to go to play the final.

She opened the door of her grandmother's room. " Hello, Grandma," she said as she walked into the room. She sat on the chair next to the bed and smiled at the old woman. " It is almost time for the final. After two years, I will play it. I will win this for you and the rest of the family!" She sat there for some time before she knew she needed to do some stuff. " Stay strong, Grandma, and please wake up soon! I miss you. I don't know how long I can do this anymore. I need you," she whispered and kissed her grandmother's forehead. 

Anna did not want to go to an empty home, so she decided that she would go to the soccer club and do some work. She would go home to sleep, but she did not go to sleep in her home that night. After looking at the games from Royal that they had played, she fell asleep behind her laptop.  

~~~~

The next morning, Silvia walked to the clubhouse and noticed that it was not locked. When she walked inside, she saw Anna sound asleep behind her laptop with a lot of written papers next to it. A match from Royal was still seen playing in the background. Silvia shook her head with a soft smile. As she heard the other coming her way, she turned around and made them stop. " Why are you stopping us?" asked Mark a bit loud. " sssh," said Silvia urgently, not wanting to wake Anna up just yet. She had the idea that Anna was up all night to prepare for the team. She wanted to give the girl a bit more sleep before waking her up. 

"Anna is sleeping inside," she began as the group's eyes went bigger and wanted to look inside to see this. " Stop it!" please be quiet. I think she was up all night," she started again, getting their attention. " I saw a game from Royal still playing on her laptop and a lot of information on paper about the games and how they play."