It's Here! The Nationals Tournament!!

A few weeks passed, and slowly Anna could laugh again. She started to feel like herself. She still had her moments of sadness, but with the help of the team, and especially Axel, she knew she could handle it. Anna knew Axel was special, but after everything that happened in the first tournament and how Axel treated her now, it brought out more feelings than she expected.

During the training, everyone was in full swing. The start of The Nationals was almost there, and everyone was looking forward to it. The fact that Anna was more herself again after her grandmother passed away also improved the team spirit. The team was always there to help her and cheer her up.

Even though Anna was often still sad, mostly when alone, she showed it less and less. Playing football gave her the most distraction, and Axel was always there for her.

After Axel, Nathan and Kevin were all busy with their super shots the rest of the players just got hyper and started working hard on their own super shots, or the fact that they wanted to develop one.

The training was interrupted when Mr. Raimon, Nelly's father, the chairman of the school, walked onto the field.

"Gentleman, I congratulate you for making it to the Nationals" started the chairman. 

" Thank you!" called the team back 

"Coach, I was surprised when I heard from Nelly that one of the legendary Inazuma Eleven was leading this team" sad the chairman what embarrassed coach Hillman a bit. 

" I am pleased that you have returned" he told the coach before giving his attention back to the team " and thanks to all of you, the Football Frontier is turning into a sensation! I look forward to seeing more of your passionate game plays in the Nationals!"

"Yes Sir!" jumped Mark on his place en turned around to face his team " Guys, Let's work hard to win the championship!" As he put his hand in the air, everyone followed with a "Yeah!" 

Some time later before they could resume training the chairman brought them to their clubhouse. Because the clubhouse was old and dilapidated the chairman wanted to give them a new clubhouse as a thank you for winning the tournament.

The coach indicated that it was the same one they used 40 years ago and walked into the clubhouse. After the coach had moved the ball pit he showed an old scribble on the wall. When the Inazuma Eleven were their age they wrote it down. There was something written everywhere in the clubhouse. Even something by his grandfather.

The chairman wanted to give them a new clubhouse but Mark indicated that he did not want that. There was too much history in this clubhouse and he wanted to keep it. "I think it is a good idea Mark. We do not need much and this clubhouse has history and has brought us to victory" Anna smiled at Mark. The one who was initially annoyed that Mark said no to the chairman quickly changed his mind after hearing Anna. Training quickly resumed after this and everyone was in good spirits.

On the way to the training field Nathan was stopped by an old friend of his from the athletics club. "When will you come back to us?" the friend asked which made Nathan jump, not expecting this question. "Oh, come on! You said you were only going to be helping the soccer club temporarily!" he said

"Temporarily..." Nathan started. When Mark, Anna and Axel walked by, only Mark and Anna stopped when they saw Nathan talking to someone. Anna knew Nathan had a past with the athletics club, but still had a gut feeling that something was about to happen.

" Something wrong Nathan?" called Mark out, Nathan looked at him " Go on ahead of me, I'll catch up later" He called as Mark ran away Anna stood still and watched Nathan and his friend walk away. Wanting to know more she looked back at the team and saw Ael watching her. With a nod, he understood her and let her be. He turned around to go to the training field.

As Anna watched from a secret place, she could see Nathan and the athletics club members " The soccer club's amazing! I hear they're going to the Nationals!" said one of the members. "It's true, senpai!" responded Nathan back, full of joy. "It's gotta because of you're helping them, right?" said another one. Luckily Nathan stayed humble " It's nothing like that. There are lots of other people just like me who are helping out." 

"When will you be coming back to us?" asked one of the younger members "

"W-well.. " he started but could not finish his sentence when his blond friend interrupted. "Now, now, everyone, calm down! I was the one who brought Nathan here. After some bickering, "Since it's been a while, how about we do some running? Asked his blonde friend. Nathan could not say no to that, so they ran together. 

When they were running, Tod came looking for Nathan and saw him running with his old team and thought the worst thing directly. When the team was wishing him good luck with the finals, his blonde friend got worried  " But no one would mind if you came back here, wouldn't they?" 

Nathan just looked at him " Let's talk about that another time. I have to get back to practice." he told them. 

Tod, who heard it all, came back to Mark and told him what he had heard. Not knowing that Anna was there as well listening to everything. When Nathan ran away to go to the football training, Anna kept where she was and listened to what was said. 

When training came, and Axel and Nathan did their super shot they missed the goal, something that had not happened before. Anna who just came back saw it and knew that what the blonde one said was getting to Nathan.

After the yet another mistake Axel looked up and saw Anna looking worriedly at Nathan and Axel knew immediately what was going on "You're surprisingly easy to figure out." started Axel as he looked at a out of breath Nathan. 

" What do you mean?" he asked back

"You were told to come back to the athletics club, weren't you?" asked Axel already knowing the answer. Knowing it was not improving they stopped training there super shot and did some normal training.

After the training Nathan came back to the training grounds to kick the ball when he was called by his old blond friend from the athletics club. When they sat on the riverbank they talked a lot. Anna was looking from the bridge at the duo. So after the duo separated and Mark went to talk to Nathan, Anna took this as a change to talk to the blonde boy.

"Miles" called Anna when she saw him walking close to her. The blonde boy named Miles looked up at him. "I know you don't know me, but I would like to give you some advice" began Anna. Miles just looked at her, becoming interested in what she wanted to say. 

" I saw you talking to Nathan and I know you two have some history. I know he was to come to the football club only temporarily, but things can change. even if we don't want to. Do you have looked at the situation from Nathan his side? Did you asked him what he wanted? Or did you only say to him what you wanted the most? Place yourself in his shoes and watch a game where he is playing in and try to see it for yourself." When Anna had spoken she looked the young man with a look that gave Miles shivers down his body. As Anna walked away he could only look at her as she went. 

The next day went fast. Nelly and the team got the news that the chairman her father was in the hospital. As a team, they decided that they would win the first match for the chairman. 

"Then the day has finally come! Here and now, the Football Frontier Stadium is already roaring with excitement over the anticipation of never-before-seen combat! The Football Frontier begins!" The commentator calls as fireworks is seen in the air. " The vicious teams who fought fiercely in the district tournies will now be thrown into an even more frenzied battle to win the seat of best in Japan!" 

When all the teams are introduced only one team is not on the field. Zeus Junior High did not come on the field with the rest of them. And everyone was curious who they were.