𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

Chapter Four : Male Lead

"

This one." He says as his index finger slightly poking on her blushing cheek.

"Wh- what are you talking about!" Chaeryeong says with a slight stutter.

"Stuttering? Blushing? Cute." He says chuckling, leaving her even more flustered.

"Seriously now, what do you want to wear?" She says shifting the topic back to his clothing.

"How about we hit the restaurant first hmm? We can order and while waiting for the food I can buy my clothes." Taehyun says.

"My treat." Taehyun says convincing her.

"Alright then." She said.

After ordering he shopped for clothes as Chaeryeong waited for the food. After a while The food arived as soon as Taehyun came in, sitting accross her seat.

"Let's ea-" "Hey Chaeryeong it's nice to see you here!" A guy cut Taehyun's sentence.

"Oh, h-hey!" Chaeryeong stuttered as her face slowly turns red.

"And you're with someone, boyfriend?" The boy asked.

"Ye-" "No he's my..... brother, yeah my older brother." Chaeryeong kicked Taehyun below the table as he cut off his response.

"Well... I'll see you around?" The boy says and she nods.

"Let's hang out later, my brother will go home after we eat." She says smiling brightly.

"Yeah, sure!" The boy said.

It the first time he saw her smile so genuinely.
Taehyun focused his attention on the food but he couldn't work his mind. "Is that how you see me?" He asked.

"Huh?" She raised a brow looking at him, however his eyes never left his food. It seemed like he couldn't even look her in the eyes.

"You brother?" He asked.

"You're my character, I treat all of you as my character, at the end of the day, you're not real Taehyun, you're a character solely based on my thoughts." She says.

"If I'm purely based on your thoughts.. then why can I make choices now? Why can't you control me now and why am I here?" Taehyun asked finally looking her in the eyes.

"Because you wanted to change the ending, right? You wanted to prove me that-"

"Yes I want to prove you that I deserve the male lead role, but.. how can I do that if in this world I'm also just your second best? I'm not the first option, that once the guy goes back, I'll be treated as 'your brother' or worst, just some book character. I can't do this right now. Enjoy your little date with that guy. I'll be in your dorm." He says standing.