Chapter Eight

Hey! Quick note before you start reading. The picture on the right side are the pictures of the main characters!

Liv = Sarah Hyland

Lexi = Victoria Justice

Tiffany = AnnaSophia Robb

Matt = Zac Efron

*****

- + Liv + -

"Oh! Look! The Winter Dance is coming up!" I said when I saw the poster.

"Oh... wow... I'm so excited." Lexi said sarcastically.

"Come on. It's gonna be fun!" I said.

"Except the part where no-one asks me." Lexi said sadly.

"Be positive. Who knows? Maybe Matt will ask you! You've been seeing him alot lately!" I tried to cheer her up.

"Nah... All he wanted to tell me was 'stay away from Tiffany'. I'll still go, since you insist so much... but I am not going dress shopping."

I shrugged. "Deal."

The dance was around three weeks away, and I figured by that time I would have persuaded Lexi to shop with me. We both weren't 'girly-girls', but I like shopping, but not going nearly every day to look for the 'latest fashions'.

***

At lunch, I was walking to my usual table when Matt stopped me.

"Uh, hi." I said.

"Hey Oli--"

I glared at him.

"--Liv!" He corrected quickly.

I smiled and nodded. "So, what's up?"

"Did Lexi tell you what I told her?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, you want us to stay away from Tiffany."

"Oh, good. Can you please do so?"

"I will, not sure if Lexi will though."

Matt sighed. "Yeah, she made it pretty clear that she'll only do so if I tell her why to stay away."

"I think you should. You know, before something happens. And knowing Lexi, something will." I said.

Matt considered what I said and left with a parting smile.

***

- + Matt + -

What Olivia had said got me thinking: Why didn't I just tell Alexandra why to avoid Tiffany?

I just had a gut feeling not to tell her, but I ignored it anyway and caught up with her before lunch ended.

"Hey! Lexi! Wait up!" I called out.

She stopped walking and turned around. Once she knew it was me, she smiled. 

"Come to persuade me again?" Lexi asked.

"No, I came to give you an answer to your question." I said.

"Which is...?"

"Why to stay away from Tiffany."

"Oh! Awesome! So, why?" Lexi was practically jumping up and down.

"Tiffany..." I took in a deep breath. "Tiffany killed someone."

Lexi's eyes bulged out of their sockets. Her jaw dropped. "WHAT?!"

"Ssh! People are staring!" I shushed her.

"Oh I'm sorry, I just learnt about a potential murderer in my school, so I mustn't be shocked." Lexi said sarcastically in a low voice.

"Now will you stay away from her?" I asked.

"S-sure... of course..." Lexi looked distracted. "Shit... a murderer? Oh God..." She added quietly and walked away in a daze.

I felt pretty good after that. Now the only ones in potential danger are Carrie and Emma. Probably not, since Tiffany is quite fond of them.

"Every popular girl needs a posse." She told me once.

As I headed for class, I saw the Winter Dance poster. I shuddered as I remembered the gruesome memories of that night, just twelve months ago.

Hopefully, there'll be nothing too eventful this year.

*****