Chapter 10: Bond Beyond Blood: The Next Generation

Two guys in their 30s were chatting over dinner

Two guys in their 30s were chatting over dinner. They reminisced about their childhood and playfully teased each other.

Shaurya: Hey Ranbir, can you believe it's been 3 years since our wedding?Samay ud jaata hai, hai na (Time flies, doesn't it?)

Ranbir: Absolutely, It feels like just yesterday we were exchanging vows. And now here were, filling their hairline with sindoor(vermilion).

Shruti: And look at our little boy Daksh , asking when we'll give him a baby sister. He's growing up so fast! *giggles*

Shaurya: That's right, Daksh is already 3 years old! It's amazing how he become the center of our world. And you know why we named him Daksh, right?

Yah us ladake kee vajah se hau, jisane us nakalee shadi mein doolhe ka kiradaar nibhaaya tha(It's because of the, guy who played the groom in that fake marriage). It's our little way of honoring that special memory.

Shruti looked around the hall and inquired of Shaurya,

Shruti: Btw bro, where are they?

Shaurya: I think they're probably asleep. Let's call it a night. *he headed to his room*

Ranbir: So what do you think about Daksh's wish for a baby sister?

Shruti: What are you trying to execute, pati dev? *she inquired, grinning at his discomfort*

Ranbir: You know...

Shruti: What do I comprehend? *she struggled not to burst out laughing*

Ranbir: Baby... why don't we... at.tem.pt-

Shurti: I am Already! *she declared, leaving behind the bewildered Ranbir*

Ranbir: Already? *after a brief pause, he shouted* Ham ma-papa banane vaale hain!(we are going to be parents!) SHURTI!!

Ranbir rushed towards his wife, kneeling down, he kissed her belly, and they both wept in each other's embrace.