13장

While I was sleeping, I heard chattering and shuffling outside of the window.

"Bro, are you making these noises?" I asked.

"What noise? Oh shit!" Jongsung shouted but basically flue out of the door.

I also ran inside to close the door and blinds in the small house and he was looking for Sungsu.

"Sungsu?" He asked, his voice relatively panicked.

"Yeah, oh-." He said but basically flue inside again in the hallway.

"Here, can you handle this? I need to check on my garden." He asked and dashed inside again.

Then, I saw a massive bird, wingspan size of a large truck.

"Ok, maybe we should go inside now." I said and covered one more patch of the garden before closing the door.

I heard tapping on the locked door but saw a freakishly big black bird, grinning at us.

"Hey, could you open the door for me?" It said and banged its head against the glass door.

"Nope, flip off." Sungsu said but shut the blinds in front of his garden.

More banging and he sighed but walked to his room.

Then he came back with the crystals and shined it on the bird's eyes but then froze, then dropped down on the garden below.

"Well, I guess I'll have to hangout down stairs." Jongsung said but sighed.

"Ah, c'mon. There's plenty of things to do downstairs." I tried to cheer him up.

"I suppose so." He said.

We went downstairs and he flicked on a light on the left side of the door.

There was a couch and a control device in the dim den.

"Wait, can this thing admit games?" I asked curiously.

"Hm, I don't think so. This control system is like 20 years old." Jongsung said but walked to the controls.

He sat down with the device with his hands and twitched at it until it suddenly admitted a strange green glow but he fell backwards.

"Oh no, you good?" I asked alongside helping him up.

"Hm yeah. Now I kinda need help turning this off." He said and pressed the 'off'' button like 16 times.

Finally, it shut off but a thin layer of smoke was coming from the control center.

"Oh, this isn't good." I said and unplugged basically everything.

Now, finally, everything was unplugged and disconnected and I sighed.

"Ok, let's go upstairs again." Jongsung said but inhaled a long shaky breath.

"Um, you good?" I asked but coughed because of the smoke.

"Sometimes, certain things scare me." He said and slumped in the counter.

"Like what?"

"In this world, I have to be very careful where I am."

"Oh, like that bird?"

"Yeah, and a couple of other things too."

"Which are?" I asked.

"Like holes and big living things." He said and looked at me.

I sighed.

"Can I give you a hug?" I asked.

"Go ahead."

I hugged him tightly but he seemed to squirm for a second.

"You good?" I asked, a bit concerned on his back.

"Yeah, sort of. It's just been awhile since I hugged someone." He said and smiled awkwardly alongside releasing me.

___________