Chapter 1: Friends

Pooh was finishing his homework at his desk when his friends Pon and Benz entered his room, causing him to sigh. He knew what would happen when these two were together. So he stopped what he was doing because he wouldn't be able to concentrate on his homework anyway.

"What?" Pooh asked, facing his two cheeky friends. He knew they were up to something again. "There's a newly opened club just a 10-minute drive from here," said Benz enthusiastically, while Pon nodded in agreement.

"So what? We're not even 21, so we can't go in yet," Pooh said nonchalantly, leaning comfortably against his chair.

"I know. That's why we've prepared everything," Pon said, revealing the fake IDs he made. Pon is majoring in Computer Science, so he has the capability and is good at hacking too.

"Come on, man, what if we get caught? We might end up in jail," said Pooh, worried about their safety and knowing how risky this is.

"I know someone who works there, so don't worry, Pooh," Benz said, reassuring his worried friend. "How can you be so sure that we can trust them?" asked Pooh again, trying to convince his friends not to go because he had a bad feeling about it.

"It's my boyfriend we're talking about; we've been together for 3 years now," Benz said, patting Pooh's shoulder to calm him down.

"We're just gonna watch the famous dancer Pit Babe, but we're not going to drink," Pon said, wiggling his eyebrows to convince Pooh to go with them.

"I'm not going! You guys should go without me; besides, you're all grown up. I'm sure you guys can take care of your business," Pooh said as he turned around, his back facing his friends who were sitting on his bed.

"Uhh! Come on, Pooh, just this once," Benz said, shaking Pooh's shoulder lightly, hoping Pooh might change his mind.

"Come on, Pooh, just this time; maybe you'll find someone there," Pon said, also trying to convince Pooh to come along with them.

"Just get out of my room before I kick you two out," Pooh said, irritated at his friends who kept bugging him.

Pon and Benz just sighed, defeated by Pooh's behavior. They quietly left the room and went home to prepare for their next plan.

"What's our next plan?" Pon asked Benz, who was thinking of their next strategy to get Pooh to come along.

"If we can't convince him normally, then we have to find another way," Benz said, smiling like a villain from a movie, laughing hysterically.

Pon lightly slapped his head, and Benz winced dramatically. "Ai Pon! What's that for? What if I get stupid?" Benz protested.

"Ai Sat, you're already stupid," Pon said, laughing at his friend's silliness.

It was past 7 when Pooh was preparing for his morning class. He wore his uniform and styled his hair. He checked his appearance in the mirror, and when he felt satisfied, he left his room and locked it. He checked his phone to see the time: 7:50 AM. It was still early, so he decided to meet his friends Pon and Benz at the cafeteria for breakfast.

"Pooh, over here," Pon raised his hand so Pooh could see where they were sitting.

"What did you order?" Pooh asked, noticing there was no food on the table yet.

"The usual," Benz said, scrolling through his phone trying to find something.

"By the way, can I copy your homework?" Pon asked Pooh, hoping Pooh would let him.

"No," Pooh stated, and Pon's smile disappeared at his friend's response.

"But I've got your keys" Pon raised the keys. Pooh attempted to snatch them but failed.

"Tsk! Tsk! I will not give them back unless you come with us tonight," Benz said triumphantly.

"No, the room is yours. I already moved half of my things to my condo." Pooh said proudly, thinking he had defeated his friends.

"Oh! What about your key card, then? Don't you need this too?" Benz said, catching Pooh's attention quickly.

"Ai Sat, how did you get that?" Pooh said, surprised and confused.

"Forget it, if you don't want it, then Pon and I will be going to the club tonight." Pon said as they both kept Pooh's belongings safely in their pockets.

The food arrived at their table, and Pon and Benz began to eat while Pooh stared at his food.

"Eat up, the food will get cold." Pon signaled Pooh to eat because they were getting late for their class.

After they finished eating, Pooh was eager to get back his key card and keys, but every time he tried to retrieve his belongings, he failed miserably, like a lost puppy without its owner. Pon and Benz never stopped teasing Pooh and promised to give back his keys when Pooh came along with them to the club.

***