Prologue

SWEET FLOWER GAZETTE
Obituaries

Malcom Theodore Walton, 73, died of natural causes at home. A native of Sweet Flower , Texas and Brand County , in the republic of Texas. He was a beloved and well published professor of American History at Sweet Flower College for many years. He very much enjoyed molding young minds and often joked he would never retire. Retirement is the first step to death , he would often say. He still taught classes on a part time basis till the day he died. He was also the president of the Sweet Flower Historical Society , an organization that called him " their heart and soul " . He was the vice president of the Tulips and Blossom Gardening Club.

Malcolm was the oldest child of four children born to the late Wilbur and Millie Walton. His parents passed before him.  He is survived by his loving and devoted wife of 53 years Cassandra Walton , also a professor at Sweet Flower College. He is also survived by his daughter and son in law Professor Grace Walton Van Owen and Darren Van Owen of Sweet Flower and his son and son in law Theodore Walton - Fisher and Reed Fisher of Washington D.C. He is survived by six grandchildren by Grace and one by Theodore. He is also survived by his remaining three siblings Richard ( Marge ) , William ( Judy ) and Peter of Sweet Flower , Texas.

Services will be held at the Sweet Flower Baptist Church in Sweet Flower with burial to follow in the Walton family plot at Sacred Harbor Cemetery.

In lieu of flowers the family asks for donations directly to the historical society and the college in Malcolm's name as well as to the American Cancer Society in his son's name.