Chapter Four

" Welcome home, little brother," Grace murmured softly right before she literally threw herself into Theo's waiting arms. The fraternal twins clung to each other wordlessly as his husband Reed who was holding Benji gave his own mother a big hug. Cynthia kissed her son and grandson atop their heads. " Hi , Gran ! ," Benji chortled and patted her smiling face with his chubby hands. Cynthia " stole" the child's nose and Benji giggled wildly.

" How is he, son? ," Cynthia asked gently.

Reed shrugged. " He's holding up. "

Cynthia said knowingly," That's all we can do at times like this. Hold on and hold up. You look like you putting on weight, Reed. I can see he feeding you good. "

Their friends all went into the sitting room to greet Cassandra and Grace's husband Darren except for Winnie who hurried to find a bathroom and Matt who looked for somewhere to change Livvie's diaper.

Grace pulled back from her brother and studied his face. He studied hers. " I'm glad you're here , Theo. "

Theo nodded. He was glad he was here too but not for the reason he came back.

Cynthia put on her coat from the hallway closet and said," I'm going to my Bible study now. I might come back and check on Cassandra but don't count on. You all know how long study takes. " She gave her son one more hug and " returned " her grandson's nose. Then hugged Grace and Theo both tightly before leaving the house.

Grace wiped her eyes and smiled at Reed with Benji. " How you doing, Reed? You putting on weight. Theo must be learning how to cook. " Then she took the little boy in her arms and hugged him tightly. " Here's my little nephew! Let's go play with Dosie. "

Reed took Theo's hand and searched his face carefully. " You ok , darling? "

Theo said," I'm fine. "

They all went to the sitting room. Winnie was sitting cross-legged on the floor amusing everyone with airport horror stories and gossip from DC. Darren was on the sofa with Saint discussing politics since Saint was the recently elected mayor of Washington DC. Matt was putting Livvie on the floor next to little Dosie so they could play with Dosie's foam blocks. Grace put Benji down and he toddled over to his cousin and Livvie.

Cassandra sat in an overstuffed armchair watching everyone quietly. Too quietly. Then she saw her son. She stood up and opened her arms. He went flying into them for a warm long hug that felt like home.