Chapter 5: "Normal life is... Difficult"

Guardian's PoV.

A few weeks passes from the destruction of the Omnic base, as we went back there to check if Ramattra was killed, but there was no sign of him, the recruits all thought that this meant that they would be dead, but you can't say that for certain without seeing the body, so Overwatch still considers him an active threat.

I found once more Nimbus's Board, but the thrusters that allowed it to fly were broken, all it could do was hover, which for me was more than enough, it's not like Overwatch would allow me to do so when they have Air Transports, so it would work like a skimmer, the board version of a sparrow.

In this time I meditated a lot, trying to grasp the power of Sorrow, and honestly... It was way harder. With Stasis and Strand, I had no problem outside of their initial learning curve, but this... This was way, WAY harder. Each time I think I have a grasp on it, the souls mess with me, causing me to have to start back from 0. The more I try and control it, the harder it becomes, it's like every attempt of mastering it gets interrupted the moment I feel like being the one dominating the power instead of the power dominating me.

I then was interrupted in my meditation by Hana, my roommate, knocking on the door of my room, as we share the dorm, but only the living area and kitchen is shared, each of us has a room and bathroom for themselves "Guardian... The others are at the mess hall, you wanna join me?" She asked from behind the door as I opened my eyes "Coming" I said.

I got up and put on the new clothing they bought me, so that I don't have to wear my armor all the time as I then opened the door of my room, as Hana was on the other side and smiled "You look sharp" she said as I looked at her with a small smile and spoke back "Thanks"

(just change the upper pants with the one in the lower pic)

We walked to the mess hall, as all the heroines, heroes and recruits are sitting and some are already in line. I got myself in line, letting Hana go before me, out of chivalry, as the Gardener and Winnower are vanished, but still aware of everything, and we can talk though telepathic link.

I got myself the tray, the cutlery, the plastic glass and the piece of bread as we then slide the trays looking at the food that the cooks had made and choose. I looked through what was available, and took what I liked best. Stake with potatoes, a slice of Pizza and mixed vegetables... I decided to skip the confectioned desserts... Since they don't inspire me much, as for the drink... I tried one if those canned drinks that they call sodas... I mean, I saw many announcements of them, and in my time... It's not something you can find... Hell, we barely eat... It's more a luxury than a necessity for us Guardians.