•💛 || Little guard- The Owl House

Regressor: Hunter
Caregiver: Darius
Age range: 0-3

Released in 2022

It had been a difficult week for Hunter. Belos had sent the boy on many missions, from arresting bandits to going after a human and her talking rat. He was tired, it wasn't just the missions, but the tests and training. He felt exhausted.

Belos never allowed him to be an ordinary child, so he had no idea of a happy childhood. Since he was a child, he felt sometimes, very small, like he was a little child again.

At first, he would ask Belos for attention, but the tyrant always rebuffed and complained about this attitude, so the guard began to hide this side.

He carried this loneliness for a long time, until he met the leader of the freak clan, Darius. The leader started working with the guard since Hunter was 12 years old, and over that time, they built a good relationship.

Hunter was shy to tell about this side to the leader, but was very well accepted by Darius, and they started doing activities together.

It was a sunny day, it was very hot, but Hunter was on a mission, as always, the tyrant had sent the boy to investigate some criminals of primordial magic. He was tired, he had not slept for two days, he needed to sleep.

At the end of his long mission, tiredness made him careless, making him fall into a hole in the forest and in a few seconds, the boy starts to cry, he was starting to regress. But with the little maturity that remained, he put his mask back on and returned to the castle that dark night.

The guards found it strange that the boy didn't say hello, he just wanted to lie down in his bed. He arrived at his dormitory and took a good shower, to get all that dirt off and clean his wounds.

He felt too small to continue, he just wanted to take his stuffed golden retriver and sleep, but before he could relax in his small room, someone knocks and opens the door.

"Good evening golden guard, I heard you just got back from a mission"- Darius who had entered

Hunter sighed that it wasn't some other guard, it was just Darius, who he could trust.

"Litt- I just got back, I was trying to rest, but I can't"- Said the boy, who tried to keep himself in his teenage mental space

"Little guard, no? You must be tired, you can relax, I'll be going"- Darius said

"No, stay, please"- Hunter said with his puppy dog eyes

The bigger one couldn't resist the request and ended up staying.

"You're regressing, aren't you?"- the bigger one asked.

The boy just nods, which makes Darius understand that he is already regressed. Hunter always let his guard down around the leader

"Little one, I think you better go to sleep, how about a good story and you go to bed?"- The leader asked

Excitedly, the little boy nodded, he picks Thor up from under the bed, and lies down. With his magic, Darius takes one of the hidden books from the bookshelf, a children's tale.

The larger one left the lights low and made a tiny abomination that glowed in the dark to protect Hunter from bad dreams. He made mini abominations to play the characters, which made the little boy giggle softly.

Finally the leader finishes the book, and before he knew it, the little one had fallen into a sweet dream with his thumb in his mouth hugging the stuffed puppy. Darius' heart was completely warmed. He turns off the rest of the lights and only leaves the abomination with the light very dim, so as not to disturb the little one's dream.

Darius feels very sorry that Hunter didn't have a good childhood, but helping them in times of regression always made him feel happy about it. He puts the secret book away on the shelf and says goodbye to Hunter with a caress in his hair, then, with a smile on his face, leaves the little guard's room.

"Good night, little prince"