Ascension

Kieran was stunned, unsure of what he should do. His mind could hardly think, and he could feel himself breaking apart, his self-esteem plummeting. For once in his life, he had nothing. Not his pride, not his strength, not even the one thing that he was good at.

"W-why? I thought that if I had Terapagos... I'll finally defeat you... that it would make m-me..."

"Kiki, that's enough... let's just get out of here and take a rest so that you can think straight." Carmine said, walking up to him. Her voice low, not wanting the whole situation to worsen from how it already was.

"No-no-no, something's not right." Briar intervened. "Its terastal output is far too low. Not to mention how it looks slightly different from the Violet Book. Almost as if we're missing something..."

"That's it! Terapagos is made entirely out of tera energy! Kieran, you must terastalise Terapagos this very instant." Briar continued, "If my hunch is correct, Terapagos will resonate with the energy from your tera orb. And the Hidden Treasure will finally reveal its true brilliance!"

Kieran's eyes widened as he processed Briar's suggestion. Terastalising Terapagos might be the solution to figuring out its true strength and the hidden treasure. And it was clear just how desperate he was becoming. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to try it out...?

He looked down at the tera orb in his hand, a surge of emotions rushing to his mind as he began to charge the orb..

Is this finally it?

"Got it."

Kieran's tera orb began to fill with energy, the same energy that had sparked with Terapagos. However, this time around, the energy felt exceptionally immense, as if it was overflowing, almost as if it were the power of a divine being. Kieran's eyes widened, taking note of the sudden surge of energy as he sent it towards Terapagos.

As Kieran's tera orb made contact with Terapagos, a sudden surge of energy began to pulse throughout its entire body, covering it with astral radiance as it floated above a dome-shaped energy field. A crown bejewelled it with rhombuses of varying colours, both metaphorically and literally. It's energy pulsating through the cavern's walls.

"I KNEW IT! The Violet Book was right. Terapagos and its fully awakened form! This... this is the Hidden Treasure of Area Zero!" Briar exclaimed, marvelled at the constellation. A legend hid deep-below, a bright terastal glow.

The tera energy's sudden burst of energy caused the earth to rumble, shaking up the entire cave. The walls of the cavern even began to crack and fracture under the tera energy's power. The energy seemed to be growing more intense, the light that was radiating from Terapagos beginning to become too bright to even look directly at.

It was as if the tera energy was reaching its peak, as the walls of the cave began to come loose the more and more it raged.

In a feat of rage, Terapagos fired a beam of Tera energy towards Kieran.

"Miraidon-!" Miraidon instantly came out of its Poke Ball, jumping in front of Kieran and blocking the beam with its own body. It struggled to hold the attack back, but it managed to hold steady.

Kieran's eyes widened as he saw the sudden burst of tera energy and how it was shaking the entire cave. It was no wonder the Hidden Treasure was so elusive. The cavern seemed to be on the brink of destruction.

A crack paved through the ground, "Things are getting out of hand, Kiki! It would be helpful if you return Terapagos to its ball right about now!" Carmine said.

As Carmine spoke, Kieran's eyes focused on Terapagos and its growing wrath. A sudden crack ran through the ground in front of Kieran as he realized that Terapagos' power was growing too intense for the cave to handle.