Learning More About You

Lauren's POV: All of the next morning I was thinking if I should tell Jose that I loved him. I thought that it was way too early for that though. I should start with "I like you" I guess. Yeah, that sounds ok. But I'm really scared. He's the only boy I've ever loved before. But I guess I have to tell him that I like him first because if I told him that I loved him he might be weirded out because I've only known him for less than a day. I told myself that I would catch him after school and tell him. The band hallway sounds nice. There's always music playing so I think it would be cute. Since I was gonna tell him today, I thought that I would wanna look good so I did my makeup pretty and curled my already wavy hair. I put on a pair of cute shorts and a blue t shirt that brings out my eyes. Then I went downstairs to eat some Lucky Charms and waited for my dad to take me to school.

Jose's POV: I already told myself that I loved Lauren, but I wasn't sure if it was time to tell her. I mean, I'd only known her for a day. And I know that she doesn't love me. I guess I could start with "I like you." That sounds pretty good I think. I don't know I'm just really nervous to tell her. Even though I'm not telling her that I love her, yet, she's the first girl I've ever loved. I'd try to tell her someplace quiet where no one was. I guess I'd try to find her after last period. Because everyone wants to leave as soon as they can. So everything will be quiet. "Today is the day that I am gonna tell Lauren that I love-not love, like her." I thought to myself. "So I need to look good for her." So I brushed my hair and parted it like I usually do with gel and put on a nice black button-down shirt and a pair of jeans. I went downstairs and waited for my mom to take me to school.

Lauren's POV: I didn't really pay attention in my first couple classes. Of course all I was thinking about was Jose. How was I gonna say it? How would he react? What if I can't do it today? What if he doesn't like me back? What if he thinks I'm weird? All these questions ran around my mind the whole morning until lunch. I sat down next to Emily at the same place I did yesterday. Jose sat down across from me again. "Hey!" He said as he started to sit. We all said hi back to him. There was a second of awkward silence. "So..." I said breaking the quiet that had spread over our group. "Who wants to play 20 questions with me so we can all get to know each other better ?" I asked. "I'll play!" Jose said, looking excited. "I'll do it!" Emily said. Nobody else was listening so it was just me, Emily, and Jose. "Ok so," I said. "What's your full name?" I asked them. "You already know mine Lauren but again it's Emily Ann Gomez." Emily told us. "That's a nice name." Jose told her. "Aw thanks Jose!" Emily replied to his complement. "Umm." Jose started. "My full name?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. "But you don't have to if you don't want to." I said, even though I really wanted to know. "No it's okay, I'll do it." He said slowly. "My name is.. Jose Huy Romero." He said quietly. "I like that name!" I said truthfully. "It's unique and cool! Why were you so scared to tell us?" I asked. "Well I'm really insecure about my middle name." He told. "People say it's weird and they make fun of it a lot. It's Vietnamese and was both of my grandfathers names." "Well I think it's pretty awesome." Emily told him. "Yeah it's unique and it makes you you." I said smiling. He smiled a little at my words. It made me feel happy when he smiled. I don't know why, but it just does. When he smiles, I smile. "What's your full name?" He asked me. "Oh yeah. Mine is Lauren Rene Allen." I told him. "That's a beautiful name." He told me. "Just like you." He added quietly. I blushed and smiled. "Shit. I'm sorry." He said. "That slipped out I didn't mean to sorry I'm creepy." He said apologetically. "You're not creepy at all." I told him. "Matter of fact you're beautiful too." I added. He smiled and looked down to blush. "Thanks." He said quietly. "Ok so, next question." I said. "Umm... what's your favorite color?" I asked them. "Mines blue." I told. "I like light grey." Jose said. "Oh very interesting." I told him. "Green." Emily said. "Hmm... what else?" I asked. "Oh I know! Favorite movie?" I asked them. "Oh I love Perks of Being a Wallflower." Emily exclaimed. "I think it's my favorite. What about you Jose?" She asked. "I love a lot of movies but I think that The Breakfast Club is my favorite." He stated. "And Lauren? What about you?" He asked. "Well... mines Another Cinderella Story." I said. "I love that movie!" Emily and Jose shouted at the same time. They looked at another and started laughing. I started laughing too. Then we all couldn't stop laughing. Jose was so cute when he laughed. The way his eyes crinkled and he smiled so big. After we were done laughing, I asked them more questions and learned a lot about Jose. I learned about how much he loves every song by Panic! At the Disco and how they are his favorite band, and how his favorite foods are pizza rolls and hot pockets, how chick flick movies are his guilty pleasure. But the bell had to ring and today I didn't have gym so I wouldn't see Jose until after school. When I would tell him my feelings. My real feelings.

Jose's POV: The first couple classes were a blur. All I could think about was the beautiful Lauren. The way her sky blue eyes sparkled, the way she always smiled and blushed so cute. A lot of questions were racing around my head but one of really scared me. "What if she doesn't like me back?" I would be heartbroken if she didn't. I loved her. If she didn't at least like me a little bit, I'd be pretty upset. That's all I could think about until lunch time. I got my lunch and spotted Lauren at the same place she was sitting at yesterday. So I took the seat right in front of her. "Hey!" I said to everybody at the table as I sat down. I don't think anyone was listening except for Lauren, Emily, and Noah. They all said hi back and smiled. There was a couple seconds of silence but Lauren started the conversation. "So... Who wants to play 20 questions with me so we can all get to know each other better?" She asked. "I'll play!" I said. "I'll do it!" Emily exclaimed. Everybody else was having another conversation with somebody so it was just Lauren, Emily and I. "Ok so," she said. "What's your full name?" I screamed on the inside. I was super super self conscious about my middle name. It's Vietnamese. Emily interrupted my thoughts. "You already know mine Lauren but again it's Emily Ann Gomez." Emily told us. "That's a nice name." I told her trying to stall. "Aw thanks Jose!" She said. I started panicking and tried to hide my shaking hands under the table. I was scared that they would laugh at my name. "Umm." I started. "My full name?" I asked. "Yeah." Lauren said. "But you don't have to if you don't want to." "No it's okay, I'll do it." I said slowly. "My name is.. Jose Huy Romero." I said quietly. "I like that name!" Lauren said. I wasn't sure if she was lying and trying to hold back laughter or if she actually liked it. "It's unique and cool! Why were you so scared to tell us?" She asked. "Well I'm really insecure about my middle name." He told. "People say it's weird an make fun of it a lot. It's Vietnamese and it was both of my grandfathers names." I added. "Well I think it's pretty awesome." Emily told me. "Yeah it's unique and it makes you you." Lauren said smiling. I smiled and let out of a sigh of relief at her words. "What's your full name?" I asked Lauren. "Oh yeah. Mine is Lauren Rene Allen." She told me. "That's a beautiful name." I told her truthfully. "Just like you." I added quietly. "Oh shit. I didn't mean to say that. Ugh now she must think I'm some creep on god." I thought to myself. "Shit. I'm sorry." I said. "That slipped out I didn't mean to sorry I'm creepy." I said apologetically. "You're not creepy at all." She told me. "Matter of fact you're beautiful too." She added. I smiled and turned away to blush. "Thanks." I said quietly. That was a stupid thing to say. "Ok so, next question." Lauren said. "Umm... what's your favorite color?" She asked us. "Mines blue." She told. "I like light grey." I said. "Oh very interesting." Lauren said. "Green." Emily said. "Hmm... what else?" Lauren asked. "Oh I know! Favorite movie?" She asked us. "Oh I love Perks of Being a Wallflower." Emily exclaimed. "I think it's my favorite. What about you Jose?" She asked. "I love a lot of movies but I think that The Breakfast Club is my favorite." I stated. "And Lauren? What about you?" I asked. "Well... mines Another Cinderella Story." She said. "Oh I love that movie!" Emily and I exclaimed at the same time. We looked at another and started laughing. Lauren started laughing too. Then we all couldn't stop laughing. Lauren was so cute when she laughed. When she laughed or smiled, I laughed or smiled. After we were done laughing, Lauren asked us more questions and I now knew a lot about Lauren. I learned about how much she loves 5 Seconds of Summer, (which I also do) and how she loves Teen Wolf, Pretty Little Liars, and The Carrie Diaries. (which I also do) I learned how her favorite kind of food was Italian, and how she wants to be a nurse or a photographer when she's older. And how she loves horror and chick flick movies. There was lots of laughing. I didn't want it to, but the bell had to ring and today I didn't have gym today so I wouldn't see Lauren until after school. When I would tell her my feelings. My real feelings.