Ch 2

As my consciousness slowly returns, I find myself engulfed in a haze of confusion and disorientation. My heart throbs with a dull ache, and the world around me swims in and out of focus. Blinking back the darkness that threatens to consume me, I struggle to make sense of my surroundings. My body feels heavy and sluggish, as if weighed down by an invisible burden. I blink, trying to clear the fog from my mind.

Warm hand brush my cheek my lips quiver "Mom, is that you?" The atmosphere went silent. "Answer me mom, is that you?" I ask eagerly struggling to open my eyes.

My eyes awaken slowly to be face with an old woman hovering over me. She was not my mother she was dressed in clothes I've never seen my mother wear. I shot up from the bed, the walls were a dark red floral print. Black net hung over the bed the moonlight shone through the windows revealing the extravagant furniture. I blink, trying to clear the fog from my mind, and slowly the events of the night come flooding back to me

My family. Our home. The man who shattered our lives with a single act of violence. The memories crash over me like a tidal wave, threatening to drown me in despair. My eyes widen in realization. I look over to the unknown lady bringing a tray of water towards me.

"There There dear, here drink some water," Her voice was soothing and comforting in a sense similar to my mothers. She places the tray on the table beside me and grabs the glass of water. The lady bring the glass towards me.

But rage and confusion consume me, clouding my judgment and igniting a wave of refusal. With an angry outburst, I rip the glass from her grasp and throw it to the ground, watching as it shatters into a thousand pieces at her feet. The woman recoils in surprise, her hand shooting to her mouth as she stares at me with wide eyes. The lady scurries out of the room slamming the door behind her.

Alone in the dimly lit room, the shattered fragments of the glass mirror the chaos that reigns within me. My breaths come in ragged gasps, each inhale laden with the weight of grief and anger that threatens to suffocate me.

Memories of my family flood my mind—my mom, my dad, and my dear brother, my other half—all gone. I could see their smiles, the way their cheeks lifted at every family dinner, every Christmas at our favorite cottage near the mountains. My mother's fingers brushing through my hair every time I felt sad, and Eric's jokes to cheer me up. Their laughter echoed in my ear, those memories replaying like an ongoing loop. All those dear memories that I could never let go. They were my world, my everything. My dear family, I'm sorry everything ended so quickly.

But amidst the pain and despair, a new presence intrudes upon my solitude. The door slams open with a jarring force, casting a dark shadow across the room. It's him—the monster who stole everything from me, who tore apart my family with his callous violence. His gaze is cold and devoid of remorse, a chilling reminder of the horrors that unfolded before my eyes. Anger surges through me like a tempest, coursing through my veins and igniting a fire within my soul. I clench the bedsheets with white-knuckled fury, my trembling hands betraying the storm of emotions raging inside me. Tears blur my vision as I fixate on his face, every detail etched into my memory like a scar that will never fade.

He comes closer to the edge of the bed; his stare hurts me. I feel my eyes twitch with fear and anger. "Well, look who decided to wake up," he grinned, his smile disgusting me. His face, his eyes, his everything—I hated it all.

"What do you want from me?" I sobbed, tears streaming down my cheeks like an endless stream. I couldn't control myself. "Kill me!" I holler, my voice filled with rage. I scream, "Kill me, I don't want to live anymore!"

"That's not possible, dear," he objected, his eyes scrutinizing every aspect of my face. "Your father, Will, didn't fulfill his promises, unfortunately," the man added.

"What promises?" I ask quietly, feeling a sense of unease creeping over me. The man shifts from the edge of the bed, moving closer to my legs. I instinctively draw them back, uncertainty clouding my thoughts.

"He made promises that he couldn't keep," he affirmed, his stare cold and unsettling. "And when a man doesn't fulfill his promises, I must take something from him," he continued, the ends of his lips curling into a smirk. "Something valuable..."

His voice sends shivers down my spine as the unknown lady scurries back into the room accompanied by a few others, carrying a large bag with a hanger attached to it. With a swift motion, she reaches her arm out to hang it on the closet's handle, while the other two ladies quietly exit the room, their heads bowed down.

"Show her the dress, Marion," he instructs with authority.

The unknown lady's voice cracks as she responds, "Yes, sir," before pulling back the drape, causing a cloud of dust to fly across the room. As the fabric unfurls, it sparkles and shines in the moonlight, revealing intricate embroidery with floral motifs that trail along the bodice and sleeves, adding a touch of timeless beauty. The neckline glistens with subtle beading and shimmering sequins. The silhouette of the dress is ethereal, featuring a fitted bodice that cinches at the waist before cascading into a flowing skirt, reminiscent of a fairytale princess.

My heart begins to race, pounding against my chest like a drum as I start to grasp the reality of the situation. His grin sends chills down my spine, his eyes devoid of any hint of remorse. "Are you excited? We're getting married," he sneers, the words twisting like a knife in my heart.

My stomach churns, and my heart plummets at the thought of marrying the very man who inflicted so much pain upon me. I cannot fathom marrying such a monster, the memories of his cruelty too fresh and raw to ever forget. He took everything from me my brother, my mother, and my dear father. I wont rest easily until the day I see his dead body. He leaves the room by also leaving a void in my heart.

"I wont let you live so easily" I mutter under my breath.