Ch 11

Aya's POV: 

2 days later. . .

Lady Marion tends to my wounds with gentle care, her eyes focused as she lightly cleans the last traces of injury. The tender touch of her hands brings back memories of my childhood, when my mother would fuss over my brother and me every time we came home with scraped knees from our outdoor adventures.

"All finished!" she announces with a smile, giving my arm a reassuring pat. "Now you can finally escape this dreadful infirmary."

"Fantastic," I mutter, unable to hide my exasperation.

Noticing my mood, Lady Marion offers a helping hand, guiding me as I sit up on the bed.

"Silas has quite the day planned for you," she remarks cheerfully, moving towards the sink to tidy up. "Isn't that exciting?"

"Thrilling," I reply with a heavy dose of sarcasm, sinking back against the pillows.

"Aya, dear, don't be such a downer," she chides gently, her tone filled with affectionate reproach. "Stay here while I bring a surprise"

What surprise could it be now. I've already seen enough of his surprise's. I'm done with them. I turn my head slowly to see the most beautiful dress known to mankind. It sparkled even in the dim light of the infirmary. 

Lady Marion approaches, her smile radiant as she presents the dress to me. "Here you go, dear. A little something to lift your spirits," she says, her voice warm and encouraging.

I'm momentarily speechless, the breath catching in my throat as I take in the beauty of the dress. Its fabric seems to dance with a life of its own, each shimmering thread weaving a tale of elegance and allure. The deep black hue is both timeless and captivating, promising to cloak me in an aura of confidence and grace.

"Wow," I murmur softly, fingers trailing over the delicate lace adorning the neckline. "It's... it's stunning."

Lady Marion's eyes twinkle with satisfaction at my reaction. "I thought you might like it," she says, her tone tinged with pride. "Now, let's get you ready. Silas has something special planned for you today."

As I step into the garden, the fragrant scent of blooming flowers envelops me, wrapping me in a cocoon of tranquility. Silas is already seated at the wrought iron table, a steaming teapot and delicate china cups arranged before him. His eyes light up as he sees me, a look of unmistakable admiration crossing his features.

"Ah, Aya, my dear," he greets me with a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Join me for tea?"

I take a seat opposite him, my gaze steady as I meet his. Silas's eyes linger on me, his admiration evident in the way he studies my every move. Despite the serene setting, I can't shake the sense of disgust that gnaws at the edges of my consciousness.

Silas pours the tea, his movements deliberate and graceful. The soft tinkling of porcelain fills the air as he does so, his gaze never leaving mine. There's something about the intensity of his stare that sets my nerves on edge, though I try to maintain my composure.

"So, Aya," he begins, his voice smooth as silk. "How are you finding life here at the mansion?"

I hesitate for a moment, acutely aware of the weight of his gaze upon me. "It's... different," I reply diplomatically, though my mind races with thoughts of escape and revenge. "But I suppose I'm adjusting."

Silas nods, though his eyes betray a flicker of impatience. "Good, good," he murmurs, taking a sip of his tea. "I hope you'll come to see this place as your home, Aya. After all, you're family now."