Part 4 - Cornered

Omega takes her little brothers on a supply run and to scramble the Marauder's signature, but they quickly realize the Empire isn't the only threat, or the only one after them.

"Why do I hafta stay here with Echo and Tech while you get to go sightseeing?" Wrecker complains sullenly, looking up at Omega.

"They're gonna need your help with taking the ship apart," she says apologetically.

"Hey," Hunter offers, elbowing Wrecker's shoulder lightly, "I'm stuck here, too, and I don't even have to help." Which, they did. Omega had pointed out Hunter looks too obviously reg-like, and if they saw him, well, it could pose a bit of a problem. It's not a risk she'd wanted to take, and Crosshair gets that, even if he's grumpy about it.

"Don't worry," Crosshair tells his twin brother, "I'll bring ya something back to eat."

Wrecker turns away with a grumpy growl.

Well, at least Crosshair gets to do something cool! Staring at the outside of a ship would get very boring very quickly.

"Stay out of trouble," Hunter calls as Crosshair and Omega start moving off.

"I'm not the one always getting in trouble," Crosshair grumbles, following Omega as she heads for the hangar's exit, pausing only when she and Echo wish mutual good luck with each other's separate missions.

"Stay close to me," Omega warns, patting his shoulder. "There could be regs around here, so let's try to stay unnoticed."

"I'm a sniper," Crosshair argues, "That's hardly a problem for me."

"You are, or you will be? When you're big enough to hold a rifle?"

Crosshair groans loudly. "Okay. I will be. But I don't wanna wait a few years." His aim is still off, but he's already better than most. The Holding Still thing is still hard. But hey, Wrecker has the same issue. It's not that weird. A lot of people do.

"I get what's different about Hunter and Wrecker," Omega comments as they walk through the city – there's so much to see, and there's brilliant, multicolor lights everywhere. Crosshair's only seen white or gray lights. It's – cool. "But what about you and Tech?"

The question catches him off-guard, but just because Omega's different, doesn't mean she knows a lot about them. "My sight's enhanced," Crosshair replies, "Tech's memory is weird, or something. He processes things faster."

"Ah," Omega muses, "That would explain the technology thing."

"Technology thing?" Crosshair queries.

"Yeah. He's good with machines. I didn't really get it."

He makes a non-committed sound of agreement, focusing on staring around his surroundings. Being off Kamino still feels surreal. They're free now, and they don't have to worry about stupid rules or regulations or orders or annoying regs. Actually, literally anything. They're free.

Still wishes his brothers were here because they're always supposed to go places together, but he wanted to get to look around. He wanted to get to see, and hey! Someone has to bring some food back. Wrecker and Crosshair are the only ones obsessed with anything and everything sweet, so he has to pick out something special himself. He can guess what Wrecker would like.

There's some sort of holoscreen going about some Imperial something-or-other, that's more confusing and frustrating than anything else.

"How can everybody be celebrating the war's end?" Crosshair asks frustratedly, "It's what we were made to fight in."