Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Liam didn't understand why people walked over and congratulated him and gave him high fives. Liam looked at the other people and saw that others seemed jealous, and others muttered that it was an unlucky strength. Liam had no clue what they meant so he just responded with an "okay".

After the congratulation ended, Liam asked, "What was that all for?"

"That, that happens to everyone. This is quite rare, even rarer to find your strength right as soon as you realize you're brought here. You must've had it for a while." Cerebraun explained.

"Again, who exactly are strengtheners." Liam asked.

"All of us, if you ever think of referring to us as people, we're not that. We're strengtheners. Well, they are, I'm a strengthen." Cerebraun acknowledged.

"So you're a god?"

"No... but also yes."

"That makes... no sense." Liam said. Hemmy nodded his head in agreement.

"Anyway, enough of this. Let me introduce you to your new home!" The mayor started walking away.

"Wait up!" Liam ran to catch up with the mayor with Hemmy close behind him.

"What does he mean by new homes?" Liam whispered to Hemmy.

Hemmy shrugged his shoulders. "Don't ask me." Although I hope we don't stay here. Hemmy said in his mind.

"That's exactly what we're doing." The mayor said. The both of them stared at him in confusion.

"You said that we were gonna stay here right?" The mayor asked while still walking.

"Well, yeah. I didn't think I blurted it out though." Hemmy said. Cerebraun turned his head and looked quizzically at Hemmy. Liam tried to compare height with the two of them and realized the mayor was only a foot taller. Unlike Liam, who's about five feet different from the mayor.

"Did I move my lips?" Hemmy whispered. Liam shook his head.

"I couldn't hear it, and I've got advanced hearing." Hemmy was starting to get worried about what's wrong with his speaking problems. Ever since he was young, he tended to blurt out unnecessary things. Usually hurtful, they went to a doctor to see the problem and they couldn't even find out the problem. He could always see her mother worried whenever she thought she was alone, but it was almost like he could hear her own mother in her mind. Hemmy tried to find anyway to avoid blurting, but it just happens all the time, but Liam was the only one who accepted him like that and it doesn't matter what he says.
Before Hemmy could think more about what's wrong with him. They finally made it.

"This is where you'll be living." The mayor announced. They stood in front of a tall building, with multiple floors. Liam didn't know which floor he was staying at; it seemed like it would go on forever.

"Which one is my floor?" Liam asked.

"Once you go in, enter the elevator and it'll show buttons with names rather than floors. Click the one named 'spies'" The mayor instructed.

"Is Hemmy gonna live with me?" Liam asked. Hemmy hoped he was

"Unless he's your sibling, then no." The mayor answered. Hemmy sighed in disappointment.

"We still need to find who his strengthen is." The mayor said as looked over at Hemmy.

"Just exactly, how many floors are in each building, and how many of these towers are there?" Liam asked, slowly opening the door to the tower.

"Tons... and counting." The mayor explained.

"How much is... tons?" Liam gulped.

"If you're worrying about getting lost, you don't have to worry about that. I know you're thinking that, thanks to Foolish, strengthen of jokes, and a lot of others, we were able to make it seemingly get to where you want if you think it in your mind. It was complicated at first but now we got this. You may still join us on the tour. Your friend Ava will be joining us, after she is done talking to Natalie." The mayor said. Hemmy's look was enough to make him choose his answer.