Ch.1 New Beginning

It is one thing to observe a battle from the safety of your home, it is another to see it up close. For anyone else, this would be a daunting task. However, for Roy Davidson, the registered hero of Phoenix city from earth now an adventurer of the Feral Valley was quite giddy. For the past few weeks he has been doing monster quests just to make ends meet. From destroying wild goblins to giant rats, Roy has proven to be a capable warrior. Now he faces a truly worthy opponent.

"Roy, get out! That is a white dragon! You're no match!" The team leader ordered. He was a tall man, with bronze armor and a giant sword.

"This is just another day of an adventurer, Mr. Brutus."

"That is not an everyday job, you moron. That thing is dangerous!"

"Ha! I laugh at the face of Dang-" Roy was not able to finish his frame of thought when an inferno blaze covered his body.

"ROY!!!" Brutus called out, before commanding the archers to provide covering fire. Brutus ran straight to where Roy was attacked but all that was left was a charred ground. The huge warrior was brought to his knees at the sight of it.

"Courtney is going to kill me," he contemplated but a rustling in the tree lines drew his attention.

"Stupid, white lizard. Didn't let me finish my catch phrase. And it was a pretty good one. It took a whole day to practice it," Roy whined quietly, removing black soot off his red jacket.

"My boy you are alive? How did you survive it?"
"Uhhhh. He missed?"
"But you were standin-" Another inferno blaze cut their conversation short. The clouds flashed red and white as the dragon continued its onslaught.

"Nevermind that. It is hero time," Roy said with a little bit of glee. He took out a long simple sword and ran straight to the forefront. Standing in the middle of a small clearing of the forest he pointed his weapon at the beast.

"Thou art Dragon of the West. You thou have thoueth meteth your matches. Now face me monster," Roy said with an octave lower voice. The beast stared at the lone teenage warrior. Its wings flapped hard against the ground. The dragon snarled and bared its teeth, right before it flew to the other direction. Dumbfounded, Roy just watched with his mouth gaping wide. It took a full two minutes before he realized what happened.

"Hey you fire breathing coward. Don't show your back to me. Come back and fight like a man,' Roy hurled insults after insults. He stomped his feet and swung his sword. It was like watching a child throwing a tantrum because his mom refused to buy what he wanted. Even so it appeared the dragon did not hear or simply ignored his rant. In a few moments the terrible white beast disappeared from view.

"Calm down Roy. You should be thankful. You want the entire team to be burned to a crisp? Look boy, I know you have shown a lot of promise. But you are still a white belt adventurer," the team leader corrected, pointing at his belt on his head.

Now embarrassed, Roy rubbed the back of his head. " Sorry, I just got very excited. I mean I really wanted to take it down like the legendary heroes did."

"That's no excuse. And two fighting a dragon was not on our list." Brutus reminded him with a disapproving look.

"Sorry sir."

"Oy. If you've met your doom I would not hear the end of it from Courtney. Still can't forget how you two entered my office that day."

Brutus' words sparked Roy's memory to the time after he saved Courtney and escorted her and her father  back to the Feral Valley.

.............................................................................................................................................................