Chapter 1.9 The Goblin Leader

"Hendrix, provide covering fire, I will take out its rear guard," Brutus barked, already charging straight in the middle. After the unexpected run in with Roy and the swarm that was chasing him, the party continued to the deepest part of the cave. But that is when they saw the biggest and grotesque beast, with black hair covering its entire body and two tusk-like teeths protruding from its mouth. Unlike the average goblin being a third of a man's height, the monster stood a head taller than anyone else in the room. Even so, that was not their greatest concern.

"Dang! The goblin leader can use fire magic!" The elven archer shouted. Elegantly dodging the dangerous flames, the archer let out two arrows of light. They tore through the monster's skin leaving two gaping holes.

"Yes!" The archer grinned but his smile slowly disappeared as he watched the holes begin to seal itself. "What in the world?"

"Hendrix, you got to move!" Brutus warned. But it was too late, the goblin leader chanted as flames formed around his hand. The fiery inferno engulfed Hendrix's vision. In a matter of seconds, everyone felt their skin heat up from the intensity of the attack. The ball of flame was a few feet away. The only thought that crossed the archer's mind was, "Oh no."

Slash!

A red light pierced right through the middle of the attack dissipating the flames. Emerging from the ground, is a man clothed in a black suit. He had a long white Cape and matching silver chest armor, gloves and boots.

"That guy looks like Courtney's mystery super weirdo. But what type of guy takes on a fire ball head on?" Brutus thought out aloud before hammering down a goblin to the floor.

Unknown to everyone the mystery man was Roy wearing his hero suit, the Knightwatch. Standing proudly against the fall, knight watch smirked, unsheathing a sword.

"Thou foul beast. Your reign of terror ends now."

"Hey umm mystery weirdo?"

"You have bullied people for too long."

"Hey bro. Bro?"

"Now you must face someone your own size."

"Hey, super weirdo,"

" I AM DOING MY SUPERHERO ENTRANCE. IS THIS IMPORTANT!" the Knightwatch shouted in frustration.

"Yeah. Sorry to interrupt whatever... that was. But your Cape is on fire." Hendrix pointed out.

"...What?" Looking down, his cape was indeed on fire and crawling on his back. Now a calm, sensible person would have likely just parted the small flames until they died.

"AAAAHAHAHAH," Unfortunately Roy was not known for his calmness or sensibleness. Instead he thrashed like a mad dog whose tail was on fire. It took a few seconds for all the fire to die. Rising slowly the only fire left was in his anger.

"Ok, you big green ugly umm thing. It is time to meet your end." In one giant leap, Knightwatch's blade met blade. The two powerhouses traded blows. The goblin leader swung a huge wooden club, but Knightwatch was able to hold onto it. Using the monsters momentum, Knightwatch landed right behind the beast. Twirling his blades, he struck down hard. However it was caught by the goblin's club. Exhaling, Knightwatch struck left and right windling the goblin's defense. Momentarily Knightwatch had the advantage but the goblin leader would not be beaten so easily. The monster countered by punching a huge flame fist into Knightwatch's stomach. Launched several feet away into an nearby wall, Roy felt his stomach caved in front the attack. Spitting out his lunch mixed with blood, Roy staggered to his feet. No. I am not Roy right now. I am Knightwatch the greatest superhero of Phoenix city and will be the greatest superhero of Feral Valley.

With new resolve, Knightwatch prepared his final attack while the goblin leader charged straight for him. Dashing forward, Knightwatch disappeared like a ghost passing through the monster's huge body. Now behind him, Knightwatch formed a hot angry beam. Striking the center, the leader's monster had a huge gaping wall. Unlike from Hendrix's attack the hole was not ceiling up. Instead the goblin's body fell to the ground.

Brutus and his party were watching the entire fight while dispatching some of the stragglers. They were shocked at his powers and some of his magic spells.

"Did you see that? He let out attacks without any enchantments?"

"Have you ever seen any spells that can make an entire person disappear in a second?"

"Who is this guy?" These questions were passed back and forth by the party but before anyone could directly talk to Knightwatch he disappeared from view. With the job done, everyone agreed they should head home. Everyone made their way to the exit where they saw Roy already escorting some of the prisoners.

"Hey! What took you guys so long?" Roy cheekily asked.

"Well after you led a swarm to us, we had to find another way to the leader," Hendrix stated with irritation.

"Oh, does that mean you guys defeated the goblin leader?"

Suddenly everyone became quiet giving each other looks.

"What?"

"It's nothing. The job is finished. By the way, Roy, what happened to your back?" Brutus asked, noticing some bloody Mark's on Roy's jacket.

"Oh um I got surprised by a Feral goblin. That's all," Roy quickly lied. Brutus stared for a moment before showing he was satisfied with his answer.

"Alright ladies. No time like the present. Let's head home." Brutus order. As they were walking down the dirt path the elven archer quickly whispered to Brutus.

"Hey Brutus how about the mystery super power mage? We never got his name or his affliction or even where he is from."

"I will talk to my wife, the guild leader. But we cannot do anything without more information and proof."

"Yeah that's true. I just can't believe it. Wait," the archer quickly looked behind himself.

Hendrix stared deeply at the top of the trees looking for any sign of movement. With the entire group at a halt for an uncomfortable amount of time.

"What is it?" Roy chimed in.

"Nevermind keep moving."

Unknown to everyone else the Messenger watched silently. "That Roy fellow is a nice young man. I can see why you chose him."

Suddenly the trees shook as a wind blew by almost to a response to the Messenger's statement.

"Yes, I know. But that boy needs help. I think we should have talked to Jin. At least he acknowledges who you are."

The wind blew past once again.

"Ok, ok. I trust your judgement. I will guide him as best as I can."