The Elevator

"Delivery for you, Annie Bell!" her uncle announced boisterously as he barged into her office with a frightened looking teenage boy in tow.

Anne looked up from her computer and watched as the younger man struggled with an outrageously huge bouquet of pink roses.

"Where, uh, do you want 'em miss?" he mumbled nervously.

She blinked at him stupidly for a moment before gesturing at the little end table by the door. He set them down and then gave her a hurried little bow before making a swift exit.

"Well, well, well. Looks like you have an admirer!" Uncle Ju-won exclaimed as he examined the ostentatious flower arrangement.

He rocked back on his heels and grinned at her knowingly

He rocked back on his heels and grinned at her knowingly. He had a strange glint in his eye–one that he usually got when he was up to no good. Best to put an end to it now.

"It appears that I do. They're probably from my fiance, uncle. Or have you forgotten that I'm engaged?" Anne remarked dryly as she got up to see if they came with a card.

"Ah, yes. Of course. Exactly who I was thinking of," he responded, looking just a tad bit disappointed.

Anne just shook her head and leaned down to examine the flowers. Despite the ridiculousness of such a large bouquet, she caught herself admiring how gorgeous the blooms were. It was clear that the sender spared no expense with this opulent arrangement.

Oh, god what if Jung Kook had sent these to her? How would she possibly explain that?

Gritting her teeth, she yanked out the white envelope tucked into the middle of the blooms and ripped it open.

Dearest Annie,

You don't know me but I've heard so much about you from my boyfriend Namjoon and Jung Kook. I've sent these as an apology for my complete asshole of a boyfriend's actions. Please don't hold it against him, he is just a dumbass. Can't wait to meet you!

Elsie

Namjoon has a girlfriend? And she sent her flowers? While she appreciated the gesture, she was taken aback that Namjoon was discussing her with some random woman. God she hated being the topic of discussion.

She added this to her mental list of wrongdoings Namjoon had committed, swearing to make him pay for this.

"Well, who are they from?" her uncle asked as he tried to peer over her shoulder at the card.

"They're from, ah, Dae, of course! He says he misses me and he can't wait to see me," she told him as she hastily refolded the note.

Uncle Ju-won frowned slightly. "When is that boy getting here again?"

She rolled her eyes and sighed as she walked back to her desk. Her uncle had never really warmed up to Dae. The first time they met, via video call, he was polite but reserved. Anne knew her uncle like the back of her hand and she could already tell that Dae was going to have his work cut out for him where uncle Ju-won was concerned.