In Trouble

Song: Boy In Luv by BTS

Flashback-Anne and Jung Kook 16 years old

"Well? What do you think?" Jung Kook asked Anne eagerly, his beautiful doe eyes wide and full of curious excitement.

"Uh, er, well-"

"Did you like our outfits? And the choreography? I tried so hard to get it just right, just like Hobi hyung taught me!"

Anne's lips pressed together as she glanced away from JK and towards the laptop between them. The screen was paused on BTS's newest music video Boy In Luv, the title track from their second comeback.

They were both sitting on the couch at the Bangtan dorm watching the video on JK's laptop while Jin was making lunch in the kitchen behind them. She wasn't sure where the rest of the members were, but she thought she could hear Namjoon oppa playing the same song over and over again and then cursing periodically from behind the closed door of their tiny shared bedroom.

As much as she loved hanging out with JK, what she didn't love was coming over to their dorm. Simply put, it was a gigantic mess. Despite their efforts at cleanliness, it was just overrun with clothes, shoes, and everything else. And while it didn't really smell that bad, thank you to the East Asian no body odor gene, the general cluttered feeling made her feel slightly claustrophobic. But then again, she also equally hated inviting him over to her house because her nosy family was prone to hovering and babying JK to the point of frustration.

It had been a little under a year since they had first met at school and it turned out that their bargain had actually led to a fast friendship. Before they knew it, they were messaging each other daily on KakaoTalk and hanging out as often as JK's busy schedule would allow. Anne did end up passing dance, barely, but still. And JK got the tiniest bit better at speaking to his female fans with each new fanmeeting.

As their friendship had formed, Anne's family teased her to no end about her new idol boyfriend. But she honestly felt nothing but friendship for JK. Sure, he was incredibly cute and all but once she laid eyes on his bandmate Jung Hoseok, it was all over for her. She had the biggest, fattest crush on him and she turned into a puddle of mush everytime she was around him. Of course it took JK 0.3 seconds to realize she had a crush on Hobi and he took every opportunity to tease her about it.

Despite how annoyed they could sometimes get with one another, they really were the best of friends. She had been trying to sweet talk her uncle into getting her a part time job with BigHit so she could hang out with JK a little bit more and she was almost certain that he was about to cave. The minor successes BTS was already having was making waves in the company. She was sure that they would need someone to help out with the little things every now and again. It was only a matter of time until she was in.

Anne was brought back to the present as JK leaned over to catch her attention.

"Weeeelllll?!" he asked impatiently as he nudged her shoulder playfully.

Oh lord, what the heck was she going to tell him? That MV was truly awful. What in the world had the director even been thinking? The plot of the video was so ridiculous. Why were they bullying this girl if they were just trying to ask her out?

She glanced at his puppy dog eyes and felt her stomach clench with nerves.

Aish, how could she tell him that he looked absolutely ridiculous? And not just him, all of them did...except for Hobi of course, he was perfect.

She stared at the screen, trying to come up with a believable lie.

"Uhm," she paused and cleared her throat before going on, "it was good! The song is sooo catchy."