Chapter 6: imprisoned

The whole guild was sitting in the main hall waiting on Makarov's plan of action.

"I'm through waiting, I'm gonna bust him out," Natsu says as he gets up and charges towards the door. A giant fist squishes him.

"You will do no such thing" Makarov says as he comes down from the top of the stairs. "Wendy you will come with me" he says as he walks towards the door.

"Where are we going, master?" Wendy asks.

"I am going to the Magic council, you will be going to talk to King" Makarov says as they both walk out the door.

"How will I talk to King? Won't they have him under intense guard" Wendy asks.

"I have friends in the council that have agreed to let you see him," Makarov says.

"They have, that's great, is there any news on his release?" Wendy asks, her voice suddenly chipper.

"That's why I'm talking to them," Makarov says. They both board the train heading for the Magic council building.

King's pov

I was in a crystal. They had locked me up in the same place they kept the highest prisoners. A place for traitors and evil masterminds. We were all kept separate and half starving. Watched by the stupid servants of the Magic council. The crystal was supposed to cancel my magic power but I could still feel it flowing. The only reason I stayed was for the threat of Fairy Tail being harmed. Dorenbolt had specifically said if he couldn't find me Wendy would be charged with treason. I was sitting in my cell when someone knocked on the wall. I looked up to see a smiling face.

"Wendy is so good to see you, but you shouldn't be here" I say in a hushed tone.

"It's alright, I'm aloud to talk to you" Wendy says. "Makarov pulled some strings and I can come and see you as much as I want," she says. Her face is drained of all signs of happiness when she sees the condition I'm in. "Are you hurt?" she asks, her voice full of worry.

"I'm fine," I say. "You need to start looking for the rest of the dragon charms" I say trying to change the subject.

"Gajeel and Natsu are already out looking, they won't need my help" Wendy says. Something seemed off when she said that like she wasn't telling the whole story.

"Wendy, what's wrong?" I ask standing up.

"Master paired me with Laxus to find his charm," Wendy says looking away. I had a look of confusion on my face. I didn't know why she acted like this was the worst thing in the world.

"Okay what's wrong with that" I ask.

"You don't want me to not go," Wendy asks, turning towards me. I could see her eyes searching mine.

"Wendy what was between you two is in the past, I trust you with my life Wendy" I say as I put my hand against the wall where her hand is. All of a sudden a small hole forms in the crystal where are hands are. I backed away from the wall fearing they would think she was trying to break me out. I looked up to see Dorenbolt staring at me. He nods his head yes. I go back and reach my hand out of the hole. I caress Wendy's face. "I love you my little sky dragon" I say.

"I love you to my king Dragon" Wendy says.

"You better go Wendy, find that charm" I say, pulling my hand back into the crystal. Wend turns around and the platform she is on starts to descend to the exit. I sat back down. I felt myself drift to sleep as Wendy disappeared. I awoke in the white realm again. I looked around for Igneel or the other dragons but they weren't there. I heard a voice I hadn't heard in a long time though.

"Welcome Dova-Kiin" the voice says. I turn around to see Acnologia.

"I thought I killed you" I yelled.

"You about did, but I turned into the king Dragon charm before you could," Acnologia says.

"So you're controlling Romeo then, you gave him are power" I say as I charge up a blast to hit him with.

"You can't use magic in this realm," Acnologia says. I look back and he is right, my flames aren't igniting.

"What do you want, you had to summon me here for a reason" I ask, staying in a defensive stance.

"I only brought you here to say this, you will not win the next time we meet, not even your beast form can" Acnologia says as the white turns to black and I fall back to my body.

At the guild

Wendy was getting ready for the long journey ahead. Laxus said he could seance the charm but it was a long way away. She wished someone else would come along so it wasn't just her and him. Carla was busy these days, so she couldn't come along. She could ask Jackal, but she didn't know. Jackal was newer to the guild and he wasn't much of a talker. He would keep to himself mostly. She had to have someone else there though so that was her plan. Jackal was sitting eating a meal.

"Hey Jackal," Wendy says shyly. Jackal stops eating and turns around. He looks Wendy over.

"Yes, young one?" Jackal asks, lifting his brow.

"I was wondering if you would come along with me, since Carla can't come," Wendy asks.

"You would truly have me along" Jackal asks. Wendy nods her head yes. Jackal jumps up and follows Wendy as she walks out the door.

"Why would you think I wouldn't have you along with me?" Wendy asks.

"Well no one really has me come with them anymore, King doesn't really talk to me anymore" Jackal says twiddling his thumbs, "And I figured since you're King's wife you wouldn't talk to me either."

"That's nonsense, King just has been busy lately and plus as you have been told his memory of the past isn't the best" Wendy says with a bright smile on her face, "Actually I was wondering if you could tell me about King's and your past."

"I don't think you want to know we used to be very different people," Jackal says, shuddering at the thought of his past.

"What do you mean?" Wendy asks.

"Well King was raised by Acnologia, you should know what I mean" Jackal says. Wendy searched his eyes looking for any sign that it wasn't true. "Yes he was very evil before he came here" he says answering Wendy's unspoken question.

"What was he like back when he was evil?" Wendy asks, trying to suppress her worry.

"I don't think he would be comfortable with me telling you that," Jackal says, turning his head away from Wendy.

Time skip 2 days

"We are getting close," Laxus says as he continues along the path. An intense magic energy washes over the area they are in.

"Did you feel that?" Wendy asks. The ground starts to shake.

"Oh no, we are doomed" Jackal says, fear deep in his eyes. A giant shadow swallows the area they are in. Up above them flapped a humongous black dragon.

"I'm back" the dragon roars. "Do you like my new form slut" the beast bellows.

"Romeo what have you done?" Wendy yells.

"I have become more powerful than you will ever imagine" Romeo says as he lands.