Chapter 7: Kingdom of darkness

Wendy's legs shook in fear. She was looking up at Romeo but he was a dragon. The charm had sunk into the scales and was now a part of him. She shook her head and she had to be brave. Laxus had already started to fight him. Wendy ran towards the dragon full force.

"Sky dragon roar" Wendy screams, sending a blast toward him. Romeo's wings had been extended at that point so they acted as two sails and pushed him back.

"I see the slut has a little more power," Romeo says. He chuckles as Laxus' blast of lightning hits him. "That tickled" he said as he laughed maniacally. "Let's see if you can take this'' he says as he launches a blast at her. The blast flies by her singeing her hair.

"I can't overpower him, maybe I can out smart him though" Wendy says trying to dodge the barrage of fire balls. She had some close calls, the fireballs had seemed to start getting bigger. Every ball got hotter too. Romeo seemed to start to understand how to use his power. "This isn't going to be easy," she says.

"After I get rid of you pathetic insects I can kill King, without King no one will be able to stop me in this form" Romeo says as he bats Laxus away with ease. "You next" he says, turning towards Wendy.

King's POV

I could feel Wendy fighting. She may not have known but we are linked. I had put a body link spell on her so I could feel what she was doing. I wanted to make sure she was okay. I could feel heat blasting through me. She is in trouble. I can feel her magic energy draining as I sit here. I know if I do bust out of here to help Wendy she will be in immediate danger from the Magic council. I feel a huge burst of heat hit me in the chest. It knocked the wind out of me. She has been hit. I couldn't sit by any longer. I summoned all the Magic I could get and the crystal shattered into a million pieces. I could hear the council's lackeys scrambling to my position.

"King, think about what you're doing, you're endangering her by doing this" Dorenbolt says with the Fiora army behind him.

"This is necessary'' I say as I charge at them. "King Dragon kingly light" I yell as the blast rips through the building, melting a hole in the walls. I ran out of the building at full speed. I hear the army behind me. "Dragon mode" I yell as my body changes. I form into the black Dragon and fly towards the place Wendy is at. I get there to see something strange. a white Dragon was fighting Romeo. A fire ball hits the dragon and in the same exact place I see it hit the dragon, I feel it burn me. "Wendy went full dragon" I think to myself, "I have to end this before she loses control." I fly full speed at Romeo. I headbut him, knocking him away from Wendy. "Wendy get out of that form" I yell through clenched teeth as Romeo launches a fire ball directly at me. The blast knocks me back. I charge at Romeo. "You will not hurt her'' I yell as I ram Romeo off the cliff. All I feel is the wind engulfing me. I look around to see I am being lifted back to the top as Romeo plummets to the ground even though he was flapping his wings. I am set back on the ground and Wendy was standing there out of dragon form. I turn myself back to human. "How did you go full dragon?" I ask.

"I didn't, silly what you saw was Grandeeney," Wendy says with a grin on her face. The white Dragon walks into view.

"Hello again young one" Grandeeney says.

"How are you here?" I ask, taken back by the sight of the white dragon.

"The same way you could put a body link on Wendy without her feeling the feedback from you, my magic" Grandeeney says with a sly look in her eye.

"Oh you know about that" I say, rubbing my head in embarrassment.

"Yes we both felt it, I just didn't say anything cause I knew what you were doing" Wendy says with a downcast look.

"No it's not that I don't trust you, I just wanted to make sure you were safe" I say rushing to her and holding her. "I trust you with my life, my little sky dragon" I say, holding her tight. I could feel my cheeks starting to get damp. I pull Wendy away and look down. She is sobbing. "Please don't cry Wendy, I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry" I say.

"No you big dummy, these are tears of joy" she says with a small giggle. "I'm glad I can actually hold you again," She says, wiping the tears out of her eyes.

"Ug, what happened?" Laxus asks as he sits up rubbing his head. "King, how did you get here," he asks, trying to stand up. He stumbles and is about to fall over when I rush over to help him stand up.

"I broke out to help Wendy" I say, "But it seems I'm just gonna cause more problems for fairy tail now."

"King I'm not letting you go, if they take you I'm coming with you" Wendy says, "I'm not losing you again." Wendy latched onto me and wouldn't let go.

"I'm not letting you go either" I say looking down at her and holding her back.

"Guys I don't mean to ruin your moment, but we have company" Laxus says.

I turn around to see the Fiore army standing there.

"Damn, how did you track me down so fast?" I ask.

"It's not hard to track down a dragon," Dorenbolt says.

"Oh that would make sense" I say.

"I am taking both of you in," Dorenbolt says.

"I'd think twice about that," I say. "Dragon mode" I say as my body morphs back to the dragon. One paw hitting the ground shook the whole mountain.

"King no, if you start doing that they will have a reason to take you in" Wendy says jumping in front of me. My body goes back to human form.

"Fine" I say.

"Yes, listen to Wendy come in quietly" Dorenbolt says with a smirk.

"Oh I didn't say that" Wendy says, turning around. His smirk disappears. "We don't need the full power of a dragon to take you down," she says.

" You do this, you'll have no place to go that's safe, I'll hunt you all down" Dorenbolt says as he takes a step back as Wendy charges up a blast. "Get back men" he yells as Wendy lets the attack go. The air ripped through the men in formation sending them flying.

"Move now," Wendy yells as she and I run through the scattered men.