chapter 7 Montage

(here are the fonts used to differentiate and to help readers understand)

Thought or think

[digital or robot or digital communication voice]

{telepathy}

Big or loud echoing voice

With that, Dave took two weeks of preparation.

4 days of non-stop training, of course he didn't do it 24/7, he just worked out 4 hours a day, racked up 9600 push-ups and that's not the reverse pun number intended and racked up 96 strength points and got super strong and even toned up his body a lot , he got a good figure.

But it really challenges the balance of the mechanics. Sure, it's cool that he can be physically strong, but what's the catch that he can easily gain ability points? If Dave doesn't know, the answer will be revealed sooner.

As for the extra hours, since he couldn't sleep, he decided to increase his intellect by reading books. Unfortunately Dave doesn't have a book, but luckily for Dave he managed to get some books from the innkeeper.

Surprisingly, the innkeeper has a few book collections, especially books that tell more about the world and history. That being said, Dave could ask the system for more details about it, so he plans to read the books that can be found in them; if not, it asks the system for postscripts if the system can't answer, then Dave will have to look forward to it.

He uses the extra time in 4 days to read and can usually gain 1-3 intelligence points per book after each book read, making it harder to gain those points compared to strength training. He finished 10 books and managed to get 15 intelligence points, which isn't good compared to strength, but it's at least above normal.

Dave also gained 3 points of wisdom, which he can't really understand, but it's probably because according to the system he asked about earlier, Dave can understand how he gained wisdom because he gained understanding, or hopefully that's what he understands it.

For the next 2 days, he starts going out of the village and cutting wood from time to time. Despite the village being surrounded by bandits, he luckily managed to sneak in and cut down some trees and cut them into smaller pieces, totaling 125 wooden logs, as he brought them to the inn and stored them in his room. Good thing the innkeeper could give Dave a free room this time because Dave is willing to help.

It's not like he's doing it for the hidden quest chain reward. definitely not.

As for why he needs so many wooden logs, Well, of course, to increase his axemenship skills. Being skilled with an axe, he could also level up his awesome, powerful, dust-bound iron hatchet. This will be his most used tool and weapon for his mission to help the female hostages. And it really worked because he managed to raise his axmanship to level 3.

Second, he decided to try making wooden stakes. Since he has a lot of knives, he might as well use them. This is also a good chance for him to gain crafting skill. Since he's an expert in all fields, he won't waste most of his time training where he can just build weapons.

"I wanna make a hell of a golem army, damn it! Patience! Patience! I'll have them slowly," Dave said thoughtfully.

After several failed attempts at using the knife to create the perfect stake or wooden spear, it was not perfect and became unusable. The spear that Dave made is either too short or too fragile to be used as a throwing spear.

The rest of the 8 days were still undecided and wanted more time, he's not a very brave type of person, or so Dave thinks, and he wants to be careful enough until he feels he's ready enough. It is a reality; after all, one shot to the head could be enough to kill Dave.