chapter 9 The Volume 1

(here are the fonts used to differentiate and to help readers understand)

Thought or think

[digital or robot or digital communication voice]

{telepathy}

Big or loud echoing voice

6 months later.

An alarm clock rings just right beside him, waking Dave from his slumber. He groans and turns over, the soft cotton sheets caressing his skin. The sunlight streaming in through the curtains is bright and warm, and it takes him a moment to remember where he is. Ah, yes. Vale. The large city on the western coast of the former Kingdom of Vale. He stretched lazily and sat up, yawning.

The alarm clock is still ringing loudly, and Dave glances at it with irritation. He sighs, realizing he only has a few minutes to get ready for work. He quickly jumps out of bed and heads to the bathroom, starting the shower. As the warm water cascades down his body, he begins to plan his day. It's been 6 months since events on the continent of Anima, the place close to the kingdom of Mistral, where the events of the bandit camp and saving the village happened.

After all the bounty and all the loot he gains from all the corpses, he cells them back when he was at Argus before going here in Vale. He has saved up enough money to rent a small apartment in the bustling city of Vale. That was 4 months ago. As he tries to get accustomed to life in the big city, he meets a few neighbors, and here and there, he doesn't have a place to work. Since he is not from this world, he doesn't have a place to work; he can't work. As Dave thought to just do what he wanted, he opened a shop called 'dust till dawn' which is a funny name for Dave. He remembers a similar quote from his world.

Dave saw the shop is close and says it's for sale, luckily, he has enough money to buy it, so he does. The shop is a small store in the city, dusty and dirty, but it has potential. He cleans it up, puts some of his stuff there, and hangs a sign saying, 'Smithy & Fix'n' As he changed the place up into a workshop, but since it would be too boring to make it the average workshop,... Dave thought of turning it into a cafe, and so he did, mixing a cafe-like aesthetic with forging stuff on the other side. Dave always wanted to have his own cafe back when he was in this world, and so he added another part of the name of the sign, 'Smithy & Fix'n Cafe! '.

So he renovated the place, making it a cozy and inviting cafe as well as a smithy. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and hot metal mingled in the air, creating a unique aroma that was both invigorating and comforting. Dave put up a sign with a charming logo designed by a local artist. The menu featured a variety of coffee drinks, teas, and light fare, as well as an assortment of weapons and armor that he crafted himself.

He separates the cafe from the front and forges it at the back with reinforced filters for the safety of customers.

But since he thought it wasn't enough, he then put magazines and books there for people to read while enjoying their drinks and food, he even put a large table with a chess board on it and a shelf for board games. The cafe was a place where people could socialize, unwind, and indulge their interests, all while enjoying the delicious offerings. Dave's hard work and dedication paid off, as the cafe quickly gained a loyal following of regulars who appreciated its unique atmosphere and the owner's passion for his craft.

In the thought of a good job in the store, he even decided one more thing, since this place is comfortable, to add a second floor as his personal home since he doesn't need to worry about rent anymore. After all that work, he finally finished the second floor, a cozy and comfortable living space with a small kitchenette and a bathroom. He furnished it with a one-person-sized bed, a small writing desk, and a comfortable armchair by the window, where he could relax and enjoy the view of the bustling city below.