Part Six

Bruce was tired both mentally and physically.

He was meeting with other executives from another company who wanted to merge with them, and the woman was trying to get in his bed.

"So, what do you say, Mr. Wayne?" Barbara asked, and Bruce sighed.

"I think it's a terrible idea to merge the way you suggest. You will be getting most of my profits while I pay for everything," Bruce said.

Downstairs in the lobby

Clark was irritated; the receptionist was getting on his nerves. His mom had made pasta and was making him take it to Bruce. Not that he minded. But he left his phone at home and couldn't call Bruce, and the woman refused to call or let him up.

"Can you just call him and tell him Clark is here? He will know who I am," Clark said for the seventh time.

"Sir, I will have to ask you to leave, or I will call security." She said, and Clark glared.

He looked at the elevator that just opened and then back at the woman before rushing to the elevator as she called after him. He pressed the button for Bruce's floor and watched as the door closed before security or the woman could get close to him.

Back in the office

"Look, when you come up with a better merger, you can have another meeting, Mr. Duce," Bruce said. He heard a lot of talking outside his office and sighed.

"You can't go in there," he heard his secretary, Kelly, say just as the door opened and an irritated-looking Clark walked in.

"Clark, what are you doing here?" Bruce asked as the man approached him and placed a lunch bag on the table.

"Mom, send me with lunch, and you have idiots working in this building," Clark said as the door burst open and security rushed in.

"Mr. Wayne," the front desk receptionist Judy said as she stood in the doorway before Kelly and the three security guards. Sorry for the disturbance, sir. We told him he wasn't allowed up here, and he managed to get in the elevator and came up, sir," Jude said as she motioned to security to get Clark.

"Now, just hold on a minute," Bruce said, his voice tired. "Why didn't you just ask me if I knew him?" Bruce asked, and Judy looked taken aback.

"Sir, he's a journalist. I've seen him at our events with the press pass," Judy said, and Bruce sighed.

He didn't want to deal with this right now. "He is allowed up anytime he comes. Now everybody is out," he said, and everyone left except Duce and Clark. "Mr. Duce, I believe I asked everyone to leave," Bruce said.

"But our meeting isn't over?" The woman replied.

"Yes, it is. The merge won't be happening," Bruce said, and the woman huffed and left. Bruce leaned back in his chair and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Are you alright?" Clark asked, and he shook his head.

"No, I have a headache from that woman, and I didn't get much sleep last night either," Bruce said. Clark frowned as he moved closer and rested a hand on his shoulder.

"Why don't you eat and nap?" Clark suggested, and Bruce sighed.

"I would love to, but I have all this paperwork to finish," Bruce said, and Clark looked at him.

"Your paperwork can wait; your health is more important," the Kryptonian said, "Don't make me get my mom," Clark said, and Bruce chuckled.

"Fine, I'll take a nap, but only if you're here when I wake up," Bruce said, and Clark smiled happily.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 582

Re-published: April 22, 2024, 12 pm

When are you reading this?