Chapter Six

Kira and I decided we should spend the night at her house after the unsettling attack. "My parents have overdone it in all of the texts and calls." I say after seeing 98 unseen text messages and 12 missed calls. I looked over and saw that Kira was in a mind of her own. "Ok you have been quiet this whole time, which tells me something is up. What's wrong?"

"I completely blew it with Scott." I let out a scoff and looked at her with annoyance on my face.

"We just got attacked by what I think is a rabid coyote and all you can think about is a BOY!" I say in disbelief.

"You saw how I acted!" Kira exclaimed while throwing her hands in the air. "He probably thinks I am some messed-up freak."

"You aren't a freak." I told her. "Your just a person who needs to sign up for a few social clubs."

"Hey!" Kira said as she pushed me lightly.

"It's true!"

"And you could use some manner lessons." Kira said slyly.

"Thats also true." We let out a few giggles until the room became uncomfortably silent. I finally let out the question I was dying to ask, "How come you're so different ever since we came here."

"Honestly I have no idea." She said honestly. "I could ask the same question to you."

"Well...if I were to put it into words then I would I feel different in this place....Almost like this place was meant for me....Like I was drawn here." It stayed quiet for a moment before I spoke again. "I'm being silly. That can't happen."

"Anything can happen." Kira said shrugging her shoulders.

"Really Kira? The parent talk isn't going work." I told her while shaking my head slightly.

"Actually, I wanted to show you something...not normal." That got my attention. I wanted something to take my mind of earlier today. I followed her toward her mirror.

"If you took me over here to how me some zit then I can take you back to school and show you any boy." I said a bit upset.

"No not that. Take out your phone, put on the flash, and then take it." I obeyed and put on my camera. "Take the picture!"

"Ok I know how to use a camera." I said as I pulled out my phone. Unlike Kira I posed for the photo and snapped the shot.

"What the hell?" I said softly while staring at the photo. Looking back at us was Kira surrounded in a orange barrier and me with a light blue one. I took another one to see if a strange glare somehow did that. Kira was still surrounded by orange while mine was a fiery red color. "W-when did you find out about this?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the picture.

"Yesterday but I never told anyone but you." she told me in a slightly calmer voice.

"What does this mean?"

She looked at me and gave me an unwanted answer, "I don't know."

----
Da da daaaaa. What do you think Bella is? I am sorry I cannot update this week because I am going to a sleep away camp for sailing. I want to see if someone can guess what Bella is thought because it will be huge.

Love u
Grace