Chapter 10

"So Scott," Mrs. Yukimura starts talking, "I'm sure as a native Californian, you've eaten at some pretty impressive Japanese sushi restaurants."

This was when my mother cut in. I have to admit, every time I hear here voice, my body tenses. I don't think either of us are ready to confront each other yet after our last conversation. All we really say to each other is one-word answers. "I have to tell you that  our husbands are superb chiefs." 

I like to think about the fact that our families are so original. Kira and I watched the movie Coraline when we younger. We would always would freak out when our mother cooked so our dads were always the ones to cook dinner.

"Okay, we have hamachi, uni, and ikura."  Mr. Yukimura points out.

"And don't let us forget about the hirame." My father added with a bright smile.

"You've never eaten sushi before, have you? My mom asks as she saw the confused look that Scott's face had.

"Is it all raw?" Scott asks with an unsure tone.

"Not the rice." I pipe up across from him.

"Oh my God, guys. We were suppose to have lasagna tonight!" Kira reminds us as she looked toward me as if I was suppose to backup.

"And waste all of this food?" I say with a sly face while slipping a piece into my mouth.

"We were just trying to impress him." Kira's dad admits while gesturing toward him and my dad. "I didn't want to bring out the-"

"You you know what, we'll make the lasagna tonight." My dad cuts Ken off when he saw the distressed look on Kira's face. Dang it Dad!  If you compare me with my family, I take after more of my dad, my mom looking Japanese. I like it too because I seriously don't want to be known as the Asian girl.

Scott's eyes suddenly go wide, "Oh no, no! Its really okay. I can try anything." He looks around and saw all of the unconvinced looks we all had. "Okay, really." He takes his chopsticks and tries to figure out how to use them.

"Uh here, try holding this one like a pencil," Kira places a chopstick in his hand after sensing his distress. "Then you just move the top one like, like this...yeah." I didn't want to say anything next because I knew that their moment would end. Scott almost drops his food once but Kira swiftly catches it before it drops.

"Thanks." Scott mumbled quickly  as they have some stare off before they notice my head is in my arms as snickers escape my lips. Kira picks up a piece of sushi off of her plate and tosses it toward my face. Before I can comprehend what happened, the sushi is in between my chopsticks.

"I'm the karate kid!" I exclaim before quickly eating. While enjoying my meal, I didn't notice the glances my mom and Nikisho gave each other.

"More sushi?" Nikisho asked politely.

I kept eating until Ken spoke up once more. "I see you are enjoying the wasibi."

"I thought it was guacamole!" Scott exclaims before quickly trying to forget the awful taste inside his mouth. Kira finally comes along with a jug of milk while Scott takes it and chugs it down his throat, cooling his mouth.

"Well this went well." I say finally, making all eyes land on me. "But now I am going to order pizza." Every one just nods their head in agreement.

----

Sneaking a piece of pizza up into the bathroom, I sat on the edge of the sink as I tried to Kira and Scott next door. Getting nothing, I let out a sigh and really concentrated. As if I switched a switch, I could hear just about anything across the street. But instead of listening to Kira and Scott, I listened intently to tiny squeaking noises that seemed to come from the bathtub.

I tried to race to the door but before I could even get a grip on the handle, a brick manages to connect to my face, letting me greet darkness.

----------------------

Here is a new chapter.

When I will post again? Idk but hopefully soon. Good night fellow losers